identify this muzzleloader

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Thinking about getting this gun, but don't what the make is or anything else about it really. These are all of the pictures I have of it. I don't want to drive to look at it unless it is worth it. I figured maybe someone can help.

Attachments

• tn-1.jpg
    tn-1.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 62
  • tn-2.jpg
    tn-2.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 63
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Robert T

Skull Designs Euros
looks kinda like a hawkins? cant tell from the pics though. Personally I would go with a thompson omega if your going to get one for hunting in utah, there are to many others out there taking 300 yd shots at everything, why not have one you can have a chance at a deer? They get pretty spooked by the time its muzzleloader season.

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
It looks like a Investarms since theres the blocked in on the left of the first picture, and it's made in Italy. Investarms makes Lyman Muzzleloaders which are considered one of the top traditional muzzleloaders. Investarms also makes the Cabelas Hawken.

How much do they want for it. Make sure the barrels not rusted out from not cleaning it.

I my self have a
Cabelas Hawken .50
T/C Hawken kit .50 made in the 70's
T/C Omega .50
White Super 91 .50

Last edited:

mesha

By endurance we conquer
looks kinda like a hawkins? cant tell from the pics though. Personally I would go with a thompson omega if your going to get one for hunting in utah, there are to many others out there taking 300 yd shots at everything, why not have one you can have a chance at a deer? They get pretty spooked by the time its muzzleloader season.

Yeah, I was initially looking of a newer style gun, but this trade came up so I thought I would look into it.

It looks like a Investarms since theres the blocked in on the left of the first picture, and it's made in Italy. Investarms makes Lyman Muzzleloaders which are considered one of the top traditional muzzleloaders. Investarms also makes the Cabelas Hawken.

How much do they want for it. Make sure the barrels not rusted out from not cleaning it.

I my self have a
Cabelas Hawken .50
T/C Hawken kit .50 made in the 70's
T/C Omega .50
White Super 91 .50

I Guess the only way for me to check the barrel is to go see it. the guy lives up by logan though and I dont want to drive there. I guess I will have to though. thanks for the help guys. The trade he is offering is a fair deal for both of us. I just need to decide if the gun is good and what I want. I will be using it for the antlerless elk muzzleloader this year in nov.

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
I Guess the only way for me to check the barrel is to go see it. the guy lives up by logan though and I dont want to drive there. I guess I will have to though. thanks for the help guys. The trade he is offering is a fair deal for both of us. I just need to decide if the gun is good and what I want. I will be using it for the antlerless elk muzzleloader this year in nov.

From the pictures it looks to be in pretty good shape. Just ask the guy if he cleaned it well, and stored it with oil in the barrel to prevent rust. To check the barrels on these types of guns you need to have a bore light of some kind since you can't open the action. Or you can be cheap like me, and just wod up some tin foil in to a ball smaller then the barrel. Then drop it down the barrel then use a flashlight to check the bore. Another thing I would check is if the hammer spring is getting weak or not. Just pop a couple caps off to make sure it strickes them hard enough to make them go off. Also check the wedge pin holding the barrel to the stock some times they will wear out or wallow out to where the barrel will move makeing accuracy hard to achive.