Identify this pinto motor

Sibeta2

Wondering if anyone can help me identify this Ford Pinto motor. Was put into my Jeep Forward Control before me. Trying to see what year it might be out of. Is the casting pic the month and year? Front shot of Jeep just for fun. Barely fit in the garage.E1FFE972-F17F-4A87-B6E7-033CD95CD0DF.jpegA0462CDE-7AE4-4F68-913B-489333260F6D.jpeg3640D0E5-88D2-469B-BF0C-63A7DE9B6006.jpeg

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I am pretty sure all the pinto's came with a 2.3 liter Lima 4 cylinder. Same motor was used in the 4 cylinder T-birds, mustangs and rangers. They can be turbo charged with pretty good success.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Wondering if anyone can help me identify this Ford Pinto motor. Was put into my Jeep Forward Control before me. Trying to see what year it might be out of. Is the casting pic the month and year? Front shot of Jeep just for fun. Barely fit in the garage.
Just looking at the valve cover, I'd say it is a 2.0L from a '71-'73. The 2.3L has a smooth valve cover with "Ford" stamped in it if I recall.

Wait a second. Someone swapped a Pinto motor into something else? Like someone blew up a motor and said, "Well I guess now's as good a time as ever to do that motor swap I've always wanted to do." Hmmmmm...
Pinto motors used to be really popular for swaps. They are stout, they were used in Ford vehicles for 30ish years, and you can tune the hell out of them.

haulinshine

This site should help you figure out the year

haulinshine

I am pretty sure all the pinto's came with a 2.3 liter Lima 4 cylinder. Same motor was used in the 4 cylinder T-birds, mustangs and rangers. They can be turbo charged with pretty good success.
they also had the 2.0 "lima" and in 1971 there was an option of a 1.6

Sibeta2

Just looking at the valve cover, I'd say it is a 2.0L from a '71-'73. The 2.3L has a smooth valve cover with "Ford" stamped in it if I recall.

Pinto motors used to be really popular for swaps. They are stout, they were used in Ford vehicles for 30ish years, and you can tune the hell out of them.
Perfect thanks

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Well this might be true, but you don’t call it a “pinto motor swap”. You call it a “mustang swap”.

:D

Sibeta2

They're awesome! The FC150 is on a Willys CJ frame, suspension and drivetrain.
Here is the one in grand junction I had considered. Is in decent shape. I think he still has it. The guy dropped down to $4k but motor was seized and I felt like overpriced. I want to say it is the fc 170 model. I only paid $2k for mine.
Because of this thread I was browsing "Jeep FC" ads most of today.
Haha that is awesome.

Attachments

• 56CDC546-B225-4B58-87DA-F71571AFA099.png
    56CDC546-B225-4B58-87DA-F71571AFA099.png
    325.1 KB · Views: 18