if your not up for hanging out at the jeep show.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
TJ/JK owners generally drop more coin than the cheapass XJ/ZJ owners. ;)

Clueless are we? When introduced, the average complete 3-4.5in lift for an XJ or ZJ was priced significantly higher than the TJ lifts, although they share 90% of the same components. Frugal and typically more educated, yes, but far from a "cheapass". I could care less about some credit card wheeler who has dropped $10k into his $25k rig only to go on the same trails as me, but then he has to sell it 6 months down the road because he can't afford it anymore, happens all the time on this same forum. I have incurred ZERO debt upgrading my Jeep, and it's not my only "expensive" toy or hobby. The only "major" expense I have is a mortgage, and most would envy my home.

Now let's get back on topic. I will see if the wife feels like camping this weekend, I mentioned it to her earlier in the week but haven't brought it up since. I have also been fighting a cold but it seems to be on its way out.

X1994J

XJ's Bring the Uni-Suck
Clueless are we? When introduced, the average complete 3-4.5in lift for an XJ or ZJ was priced significantly higher than the TJ lifts, although they share 90% of the same components. Frugal and typically more educated, yes, but far from a "cheapass". I could care less about some credit card wheeler who has dropped $10k into his $25k rig only to go on the same trails as me, but then he has to sell it 6 months down the road because he can't afford it anymore, happens all the time on this same forum.

I would also have to agree with this. Well put sir.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
black_ZJ, did I stike a nerve? Clueless? Not really, no. But you sound jealous.

BTW, what you meant was that you 'couldn't care less'. Think about it. Maybe ask your wife if she'll let you care even less than you do now about TJ owners and their heavy wallets. :)

Last edited:

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
Having owned the ultimate Jeep for a couple of years, I've learned to deal with the haterz and have developed a keen eye for jealousy.

Boycotting the All Jeep Show because you feel your Jeep has become irrelevant is just silly.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Clueless are we?...

Back to reality... Teraflex needs to worry about their customers and market today and down the road, not what they would have bought ;) The JK market is the current market and for them to focus on anything otherwise would be ludicrous. This isn't 1998, its 2011 and XJ and ZJ owners are not spending the money that JK owners are today, an while the price may have matched or exceeded the TJ parts, the volume sure didn't. Its no slight to owners of other vehicles, some of the companies I like most make just a few parts for my vehicle, I don't consider them snobby for being marketable in this tough industry and tougher economy. That said I send customers to Tera all the time for older CJ & Waggy parts, I've never heard of issues. I use a bunch of CJ steering parts on some LC power steering conversions... they treat me just fine as a customer.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Teraflex even sponsored some grassroot racers that drove a beater ass Toyota 4Runner! I love me some Teraflex. :)

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
i think mine is the redheaded stepchild of every industry :D

:like:

Teraflex even sponsored some grassroot racers that drove a beater ass Toyota 4Runner! I love me some Teraflex. :)

IMG00396.jpg

3230892e.jpg

they have hooked up some good times

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
Teraflex was the only shop that could identify what the "clunk" was in my Jeep that was going on for a year. The dealer test drove it and said that they only heard normal c clip axle noises.... in reality, it sounded/felt like there was a midget under the floor with a hammer. They identified and fixed the problem in 10 mins. The experience was Teraflexual Plus.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I run Teraflex parts on all my Chevy stuff. They continue to support amd welcome ALL jeeps, and in fact there were a bunch of older Jeeps at the show today. I smell a lot of sour grapes in this thread.

Sami, Joseph, keep em coming lolz

Sumo

Xykon: Order of the Stick
Teraflex was the only shop that could identify what the "clunk" was in my Jeep that was going on for a year. The dealer test drove it and said that they only heard normal c clip axle noises.... in reality, it sounded/felt like there was a midget under the floor with a hammer. They identified and fixed the problem in 10 mins. The experience was Teraflexual Plus.

Well sure, but I bet they charged you more than you thought possible just to take one hammer away from one little person! :D