I'm going to jail and need your help!

KWight

Although some of you may not know it, I have some children who have a strain of muscular dystrophy. Theirs is a temporary muscular weakness that comes and goes but is nonetheless hard on them. Our 4 wheeling trips allow us to get far into the back country without the distress that hiking might cause to their bodies.

I was able to raise over $500 last year and have been stifled this year by company email policies that do not allow me to ask co workers for donations. This has caused me some difficulties in raising money to send kids to camp and get funds for other services for those children who struggle more than my own. So I am coming to you hoping that my online community might be able to pitch in a little for this effort and help me support a worthy cause. If you are able to give, please do so and if you choose to, you can even make mention of our 4x4 community so the Muscular Dystrophy Association and the kids they serve will know we have their backs.

With that, here is the email that I have not been able to send this year, with a link at the bottom where you can donate. Please post to this thread once you visit my site so we can keep it at the top:

I'm proud to tell you that I'm going "behind bars" to help in the fight against muscle disease. I'm joining other community leaders to help raise critical funds for MDA, and I need your help to reach my bail!

The TELU takes place on 04/25/2012, but I'm raising my bail before I go to jail! All you have to do is click here to make a secure, online donation today. Your support will help families living in our community with muscle disease, and help guarantee that I get out of jail. I will be sure to add you to my list of contributors.

Please support me in this important goal by visiting my fundraising page and making a contribution. Your tax-deductible donation makes a difference to the hundreds of kids, adults and their families who live right here in our local community.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sincerely,

Kevin Wight

To make a donation online now, please visit my personal page at:

http://www2.mda.org/site/TR?px=1126054&pg=personal&fr_id=2196

Last edited:

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Do you work with the MDA as a volunteer? I did a few fundraisers in my early teen years for the MDA, Jimmy Fund, Cancer Society, and a few others. It helped that I had a paper route that I could use for donators. I will see what I can donate when my tax return comes in next week, I know they need all they can get.

KWight

Do you work with the MDA as a volunteer? I did a few fundraisers in my early teen years for the MDA, Jimmy Fund, Cancer Society, and a few others. It helped that I had a paper route that I could use for donators. I will see what I can donate when my tax return comes in next week, I know they need all they can get.

I am not a volunteer for them but am up for supporting a good cause. I actually work for the mental health center here in town and was talking with the MDA staff about us working together to get some family support groups going after the fundraising is over this year. I appreciate anything you might be able to give as I found out that they support 250 families in my area of the state.

Thanks,

Kevin