Im thinking about picking up a slide in truck camper...

Cherokeester

Another plus to a truck camper is the ability to pull off the road, eat lunch, watch a movie and then take a nap then immediately continue on your journey. I travel a lot and save time and money being able to do this.

carsonc1974

I Lean;976538 All my camping stuff stays packed in it said:
These are the main reasons for a camper for me aswell... Check the propane, throw in some food and clothes and hit the road. I wouldnt be able to pull doubles either... race truck would be way to heavy behind a camp trailer.

carsonc1974

Does your CPAP run on batteries? Or 12V? If not, make sure whatever you get has a compatible electric system - probably an inverter and enough battery capacity to run your machine for at least one full night.

- DAA

CPAP runs on 120v. that is why I was asking if these things have electricity. I could get a battery powered CPAP but they are pretty pricey and i havent gotten the greatest feedback about them.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
CPAP runs on 120v. that is why I was asking if these things have electricity. I could get a battery powered CPAP but they are pretty pricey and i havent gotten the greatest feedback about them.

If you're in a campground that offers power where you park, you can just plug in and have the power you need. As well as air conditioning, if you're equipped with that. :) Otherwise if the camper has an inverter, you'll still have 120V power available--but I don't know how long the battery would hold up that way.

carsonc1974

im getting some confusing information. I beleive that these campers need registered in UT. My other question is do they need titles?

D

Deleted member 12904

Since you will need power anyways maybe think about just picking up a digital inerter generator these things do great on fuel and are super quiet.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trk...or&_nkw=inverter+generator&_sacat=0&_from=R40

and then get a nice tent like a springbar or Kodiak. I have this one and love it. Super fast to set up, Handles everything I have thrown at it so far from high wind to snow and you will spend more time enjoying the great out doors and not working on an old camper that always has something that needs fixed before you can use it again.
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Kodi...&Ntt=kodiack&WTz_l=Header;Search-All+Products

carsonc1974

Well I found a 93 Northland camper today with all the fixing for $1000. The problem is they didn't cover it over winter so it's got a soft spot in the roof... is it worth picking it up anyway. As far as I can tell it's about a 4x4 ft area

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Not covering it in the winter shouldn't cause problems. I would say the roof needs to be checked out, could have some major repairs ahead. Or you might could just reseal it and be good to go for years.

carsonc1974

its definitely soft in the back corner of the roof. it will need repaired at some time. I just dont know the value of these things vs. the cost of repair so its difficult for me to guage what its worth. I pulled back the paper on the walls and they had been wet once but were dry and solid... hhmm we will see if they want to come down any and go from there.