Info on the No lift YJ

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
They just did body mods to fit the tires. They tubbed the rear, and did a highline hood and tube fenders. I also faintly recall a inch body lift

Anchor_Mtn

Work Less, Travel More
Vendor
The original no-lift TJs were built by a good friend of mine back east. They consisted of a 1" body lift(everywhere but under the grill) and a set of 1" coil spacers up front. The axles(1 tons) are pushed out towards the ends of the tub to get the wheelbase you want.

I can get you the original parts needed for these builds, but the build isnt simple.(read: a lot of fabrication)

I have a low-rider YJ project in the shop right now. There will be a build thread posted in the next few weeks. Its not much to look at right now since its a full, frame-off build. My numbers arent finalized yet, but Im lookin at about 1" of lift and 37-40s with 3-5" of uptravel and a full body.

LonnieC

Im guessing it was a YJ/TJ typo or something because its for sure a YJ. Im aware that it was a big body mod build but I was just wondering what some of the final numbers were as far as the up/down travel on the leaf set up and how the final project ended up working out on the trail?

Clemson is your YJ going to be on leafs or coils? sounds like a fun build!

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
I have a low-rider YJ project in the shop right now. There will be a build thread posted in the next few weeks. Its not much to look at right now since its a full, frame-off build. My numbers arent finalized yet, but Im lookin at about 1" of lift and 37-40s with 3-5" of uptravel and a full body.

Street legal? Definitely post a build thread.

LonnieC

Good point Greg. Damn the rest of the country and their driving laws... Im trying my hard to build within the laws but they make it so easy to break, Luckily Moab is a little more laid back on the rules than other places.

Anchor_Mtn

Work Less, Travel More
Vendor
Street legal? Definitely post a build thread.

If full-width one tons are street legal where you are, then yes its street legal.

Remember, street legal in CO is very different than in UT. My TJ was plated here and I drove it on the roads.

very true. I drove my last YJ on I70 a few times. Even I felt that I deserved a ticket.:greg:

Good point Greg. Damn the rest of the country and their driving laws... Im trying my hard to build within the laws but they make it so easy to break, Luckily Moab is a little more laid back on the rules than other places.

If you think MOAB is laid back, you need to come over to GJ. Ive seen a full tube chassis at Red Lobster... and not a trailer in sight.

The Yj is for my wife. Rough list of specs:

6.0L/4l60e/241c w/ JB conversions SS sye.
f+r trussed 60s, 5.38 gears(for now)
40s for mockup, 37s for final tires.
14" SAW coilovers up front
coils in the rear
4 link/panhard front, 4 link(triangulated uppers) rear
~18" frame height

Tub and frame stretched 10" and lots more fun stuff.

Anchor_Mtn

Work Less, Travel More
Vendor
Anyway... back to the No-lift TJs. The latest one out of Chris Durhams shop...(the original no-lift guy) 1 tons, 40" Kevlars and sported a custom PT cruiser turbo motor.

25905_110044095685674_100000402535700_145686_3670589_n.jpg