&*%^ing stock YJ shackle removal!!!

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Originally posted by pokeyYJ
The only side effect that I noticed to pulling the trac bars was a slight bit more play in the steering response.. Try and pull the rear one first and you will feel almost no difference then pull the front one and you will get used to it really fast.
that "play" your getting is because of the longer shackles. get shorter ones and you will notice a difference.

P

pokeyYJ

Originally posted by supergper
No...I was just making a point that what Pokey pointed is obvious and has been proven for a LONG time before he could walk...let alone drive...he just stated it like he discovered it:D:rolleyes:

OH CRAP!!!, You guys knew about this before me!!! Well there goes my hopes for gaining fame. I didn't think that anybody else knew that pulling your swaybars and tracbars made a difference!!! Oh well (sigh), I guess that I am just left with the fact that today I discovered that airing down your tires helps gain traction offroad. Bet ya didn't know that smarty pants!!

;)

P

pokeyYJ

Originally posted by Jeremy
that "play" your getting is because of the longer shackles. get shorter ones and you will notice a difference.

Well I would but do you remember when I first joined RME and you told me to pull the bottom leaf out of the spring pack. I did that in the front only and I need the shakles to level the vehicle out.

sukaB

Banned
That's awesome,
It's bash fest
here we go again......
I love listening to this horse pucky...
you'll only fit in if you have a set of
Truck nutzzz pokeyyy

sukaB

Banned
Ohh ya you need to run water in your tires to get it to flex out more.
Good for ramp contest's and saves on fuel economy too..
Bet you aint figured that one yet......:p

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by sukaB
Ohh ya you need to run water in your tires to get it to flex out more.
Good for ramp contest's and saves on fuel economy too..
Bet you aint figured that one yet......:p

yeah fuel economy huh....that is a good one....put down the beer and enroll in an alcohol treatment program... :)

sukaB

Banned
Been there done that....
Water is good rolling weight.....
Helps you climb better too, ask anyone who knows!!!!!!

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Originally posted by pokeyYJ

Well I would but do you remember when I first joined RME and you told me to pull the bottom leaf out of the spring pack. I did that in the front only and I need the shakles to level the vehicle out.
you can't have everything. unless you do a spring over, but that would void your warranty.

sukaB

Banned
hehehehehehe:D
Warranty....:p
Your dad's rig is warrantied isnt it......;)
Yup just what i thought....
Nice

P

pokeyYJ

hehehehehehe:D
Warranty....:p
Your dad's rig is warrantied isnt it......;)
Yup just what i thought....
Nice

EEEWWWH!! Very funny, NOT!!

Pickin on a Jeep that doesn't even drive, thats low man!!:D ;)

Yes it is warrantied, so that means that if they can't fix it they get it back for good!!

P

pokeyYJ

I don't know if we are going to bring it by tomarrow. We took it to the dealer today and they sent it to Teraflex. I guess they think that they can fix it?

Here is my question, would a bent driveshaft cause the output shaft on the t-case to bend? We have put 3 shafts on it and everyone has played with the pinion angle but the damn thing still vibrates.

What about the pinion yoke ont the rear. The factory one was replaced with the lift and it is now a u-bolt style yoke. Could it be out of balance?

Is there a way to check the trueness(sp) of the output shaft on the t-case without pulling it apart?

The vibration goes away when you pull the rear shaft.

P.S. the factory rear shaft also vibrates when installed.

sukaB

Banned
The driveshaft could i guess bend a shaft cause anything is possible......BUT knowing Tera ....Try a different Yoke they have had problems with theirs before...

sukaB

Banned
How do you know harry....
Well just give it to me and well chop up a sly little buggie out of it for ya....hehehehhe:D
Then it'll will work

P

pokeyYJ

The driveshaft could i guess bend a shaft cause anything is possible......BUT knowing Tera ....Try a different Yoke they have had problems with theirs before...

The yoke on the t-case has been changed a couple of times.

But the yoke on the axle hasn't. Well except for the first time when the dealer put on the u-bolt style yoke. Maybe that should be the next thing.

Yeah a buggy, I can just see my dad driving to SLC everyday with just a cowl and hood!! Ha Ha;) :D

OOOOHHH winters would SUCK!

sukaB

Banned
Whatever...Plastic slide windshield and 350 chev pumpin heat you'll be fine.....
Or you could whine all the time and carry some cheese in the back....
;)