Inner birfield/axle retaining clips needed.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I don't know what you call 'em, but I need a pair of the inner clips that hold the axle shaft inside the birfield. You know, the ones that aren't supposed to break when you pop the axle shaft out :(. Anybody have a pair kicking around? I've got some on order from Mark Miller that I can repay you with in a couple days...

R

rockdog

I don't know what you call 'em, but I need a pair of the inner clips that hold the axle shaft inside the birfield. You know, the ones that aren't supposed to break when you pop the axle shaft out :(. Anybody have a pair kicking around? I've got some on order from Mark Miller that I can repay you with in a couple days...

I think we have some but you'd have to drive a ways to get em. :D Cell # is 801-376-0462

R

rockdog

Ahh, Kurt's your go to man! I should have thought of him.:rolleyes:

Kevin B.

How does that work, exactly? I've never been clear on how you're supposed to add a bead or two of weld to the splines and then expect the shaft to slip into the birfield.

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
You put the tack on the other end of the splines, not the end that goes into the birf. Its there to keep the axle from going into the birf to far. Look at your axle shaft and you will be able to see the marks where it normally rides when the clip is holding it in place, place a small tack on each side of the shaft at that point. Search martack photos on google it will help.

Kevin B.

I thought that's what the other c-clip was for. Or are you talking about the other end of the axle, that goes into the diff?