insurance

38inchtj

so i was about to buy a truck untill i found out my insurance would be 260 a month because of tickets i got almost 3 years ago and not to mention i am a 21 year old single male it sucks though

Caleb

I pay $100 a month for my PSD...I could get it cheaper, but I really like who I am with, the service has been awesome.

FWIW, the tickets will drop off ins after three years, so soon you may be getting a better rate :D

utahxjer

We just swapped to Allstate and pay less for full coverage on 2 vehicles than liabilty on 2 vehicles with the other place we were going through.

Caleb

utahxjer said:
We just swapped to Allstate and pay less for full coverage on 2 vehicles than liabilty on 2 vehicles with the other place we were going through.

do you and your wife have clean records? just wondering cause I just heard a story on KSL radio on Friday talking about how Allstate is trying to get back in to the game (they have lost MAJOR shares in the industry) and are offering super competitive rates to people that will be money makers (aka, people with clean records). Personally, I'll pay a little more for the service I get from State Farm :D

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
utahxjer said:

I've been with Allstate for about 15 years. NO ONE can beat the rates I have now (Progressive or Geico included).....

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
Tiny said:
Yeah, I know how ya feel I pay $170 a month for liability on an '89 GMC 1/2 ton

You wanna save some money, young 'uns? Get married and have a coupla kids, then your insurance rates will be down, you'll be rollin' in the dough. :rofl:

utahxjer

We heard about Allstate's good rates from like 3 different people so we called them when we bought the new truck and they got us a good rate.

We don't have any more speeding tickets, but I've been in a few fender benders a few years ago. (One I was just driving a car that didn't have any brakes really) (and the other I was in a hurry to return a hub pulley to get ready to go wheelin' and WHAM)

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Coreshot said:
You wanna save some money, young 'uns? Get married and have a coupla kids, then your insurance rates will be down, you'll be rollin' in the dough. :rofl:
Show nuff. then, when you hit 25, your rates will drop so far that they will actually owe you money. ;)

Mbryson, have you tried Bear River Mutual? Excellent service, and no one can touch their rates, if you can get accepted.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Hickey said:
..........Mbryson, have you tried Bear River Mutual? Excellent service, and no one can touch their rates, if you can get accepted.

I have, but if I were to get a ticket/have an accident I would get dropped PDQ and lose my discount with Allstate. They only beat my Allstate rates by about 8%......

Tiny

mmmm.....beefy!!!
V-DAWG said:
You guys either need to ride the bus or visit a new insurance company :eek: That must suck!

Checked around at like 10 different companies, cheapest I could find, it's gonna go down soon though cuz I've almost gone 3 years without a ticket

Klif01

Do I bother you?
Wow, thats expensive...

I pay 90 a month for my celica, and 95 for the 4runner (when I have it insured and not in storage)

I'm 18, I guess not having any tickets or accidents helps though!

DevinB

I like traffic lights
The wife and I pay $80/month for my '93 Wrangler, her '95 Corolla, and renter's insurance. My jeep alone is $17/mo. All with Bear River. And like Hickey said, it's if you get accepted. We both have perfect records.
Devin

fattodog

frame cracks= More flex!!
Personally, I'll pay a little more for the service I get from State Farm :D[/QUOTE]

I am totally with you! used to have Allsuck, my wifes car got broken into. car was in my driveway, had full coverage on the car, homeowners insurance that covered breakins, and they still would not cover the incident. they said the car was not in a secure location like a garage. well, my CJ was in the garage and what the fack do we have insurance for?? anyway, dropped em and signed with USAA. full coverage on three vehicles, $200 deductable, $142.60 a month.
I wouldn't spare the piss for Allstate if the main headquarters building was burning!! :mad2: :mad2:
KENNETH !!

Brad

The artist formerly known as Redrock5.9
Hickey said:
Mbryson, have you tried Bear River Mutual? Excellent service, and no one can touch their rates, if you can get accepted.

I've heard nothing but bad about BRM. My car was hit and pushed into the truch in front of me. The driver of the truck (friend of my dad's; small world) was dropped by BRM over a tweaked rear bumper, no fault, otherwise flawless record. :eek: When my sister was broadsided by a driver running a red light, my dad had to go to war with BRM to get a fair payout on the totalled car, after they deemed the payout at $4000 below low BB on a vehicle with below-average miles.

81Ramchargerman

I don't think anyone can beat Mayan for high risk, my girl has 5 speeding tickets, dwp, and it's only 65 a month on her 93 eclipse. I have three tickets, on sr22, 145 a month, when sr22 falls off, only115 then when im 19 it's 80 for my rc.

Her insurance is cheaper at mayan even with all of her tickets than usaa was when she had a clean driving record. Btw those are all liability only, and they will accept you if you have money! (no qualification)

Last edited:

81Ramchargerman

38inchtj said:
so i was about to buy a truck untill i found out my insurance would be 260 a month because of tickets i got almost 3 years ago and not to mention i am a 21 year old single male it sucks though

BTW, that's nothing... I went to buy an 02 alero, and they wanted over $500 a month!!! :rolleyes: I told them I'd walk or ride a bus after I got done laughing. :rofl: