Interesting debate about animation!

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
http://forums.g4tv.com/messageview.cfm?catid=51&threadid=390494&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=&STARTPAGE=1
This is a forum that my brother is a part of. He has the largest collection of Japanese Animation in Colorado. I believe his collections is worth over $20,000. Anyways, I was reading this debate about American animation and I though it was really really interesting. If anyone is bored and wants a good read than go ahead and click on the link posted above. My brother is Nailzz6.

Enjoy..... :D

Brett

Meat-Hippy
I read all of the posts on that link. I guess, being that I don't really see too many movies, that my take on American animation is that, yes, they are using the same story lines over and over. All that they seem to do is change the setting, as was said in that link.

I'm not too familiar with Japanese animation, other than seeing Pokemon now and then. From what I know from my limited experience, they seem to come up with random stories that aren't based off of any pre-existing movie or story. In my book, that's a lot better than what we have over here.

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
Interesting though. I think it is cool how their debates stay knowledgable and they are all long. not short answers. But, I know my share about anime and I have made Herzog sit and watch a few animes. The ones that I have shown him have had an extremly serious plot line and the resoponse that he gave me was..." Woah, the animation and detail was amazing but that was really F***** up!" Later on we were at one of his friends how and he obvioulsy had been thinking about that movie that I had shown him and his answer soom became recommended and "cool"! HAHA!! I like that about anime though. Most of it does make you think about it after you watch it, sometimes you have no idea what to deciper as to a certain comment or though that you would want to say about it. There is a lot to it but it is an adjustment. And for the record.....Pokemon sucks. That is not real anime. Real anime is not dubbed over in american voices. They do not go with the certain character the authours are trying to precieve. Anime should ALWAYS be watched in subtitles. Anyways, thanks for the reply. Glad you read it.
:D :D