• Side-Jobs Forum Rules:
    • No requests related to 4x4, offroad, or any services already provided by vendors who support RME and make this site possible. If you are seeking these types of services, please post in a General 4x4 or another approriate forum.
    • No requests related to morally questionable or illegal activities
    • Any requests here may be removed at any time at the discretion of the moderators

Interior house painting needed

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Moving into a new house in West Jordan soon, and I'd like to have some of it painted before we move in. Anybody here that does it for a living interested? Side-job or on-the-books is good with me.

Here is what I would like painted:

~1500 sq feet of floorspace
3 bedrooms
2 bathrooms
Kitchen
Family room with vaulted ceiling (although I'm not 100% sure I need the ceilings painted)
etc...

I know you'd need to see it for an accurate bid, but maybe this gives you at least an idea of what I'm after.

Ideally, it'd have to happen towards the end of this month, and as long as timing works out, the house will still be empty, so that should (?) make the job quicker and easier.

Hopefully someone here can do this much quicker and more efficiently than I can - I do NOT want to do this!

I'm looking for a good deal, but I also realize good work isn't always cheap.

Thanks!

-Bryson
801-949-5326

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
I've gotten a couple quotes - some really expensive and some that can't work with my timeframe.

Anybody have any suggestions (other than doing it myself...?)

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I paint all the time. It's really not that big of a deal. The key is in good prep work (taping, etc) You can knock out the whole thing in a full day, maybe two.
I am confident you could do it pretty quick..

Tonkaman

I paint all the time. It's really not that big of a deal. The key is in good prep work (taping, etc) You can knock out the whole thing in a full day, maybe two.
I am confident you could do it pretty quick..

Be careful Brian had been accused of being an optimist...

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
I know I could do it... maybe not in a day though. That does sound optimistic. The problem is this - I don't want to do it!:p

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
The ceilings are the real kicker but I doubt they need to be painted. When we bought our house we just made family members come help paint and it only took a few hours for probably the exact amount you're describing.

Where in WJ? Out by me?

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
I don't have possession of the house yet, so no pics, and I can't give much more detail without looking... I'd guess the vaulted ceiling is ~ 10-12 ft high, and is only in the living room/kitchen area. Bedroom ceilings are all flat. I'm sure you guys are right about the ceiling not needing it, but I wanted to be prepared for it if they did. There are a couple rooms (the smaller bedrooms) that have some red and blue paint, so I'd imagine they'll be tougher to cover.

I'm all about trades. :D

The family route is the route I'll likely take just because my timeline is pretty specific, and I'm a cheap ass.

Nate, the new house is roughly 5100 west and 7000 south. Not real close to you, but closer than I was!

Caleb

Are you keeping the flooring? If not then just go rent a sprayer. Tape it all off, then shoot it all with a sprayer, the actual painting won't take much time at all. I hear ya though, painting is one house project I told my wife she can do all she wants so long as it doesn't involve me. :)

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
I am keeping the flooring - it's all nice new hardwood.

Brent - I'll text you when it's light outside.