Internet lawyers.

skiboarder

SkiBoarder
I have an issue that has come up from the cloud. I need to talk to a lawyer about what has happened. I am in ogden, but not concearned about travel to salt lake. does anyone know a good lawyer to talk to about this situation?

Seven

I have an issue that has come up from the cloud. I need to talk to a lawyer about what has happened. I am in ogden, but not concearned about travel to salt lake. does anyone know a good lawyer to talk to about this situation?

"the cloud"?????? Your going to have to fill us a little more info to try and get the right lawyer for you. I know a couple lawyers in ogden but unsure what your needing? Was something breached? Did you Breach something? Was there Theft? Are you on the offense or defense?

Last edited:

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
"The cloud" meaning your stuff on a computer you don't own? Now they have it they aren't providing the SLA agreed upon? Or they've gone under and won't give it back? (Contract Law question?)

rholbrook

This is the very reason I tell clients of mine to stay away from the cloud. I had a client get shut out of their ERP system because the company hosting the cloud got shut down by the IRS. It took several weeks to get their data. Imagine having to do all your transactions by hand in excel. In theory the cloud idea is great but in reality, shit happens and who ever has your data, has you by the balls. I know there are some of you IT guys out there that may disagree but thats fine with me.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
This is the very reason I tell clients of mine to stay away from the cloud. I had a client get shut out of their ERP system because the company hosting the cloud got shut down by the IRS. It took several weeks to get their data. Imagine having to do all your transactions by hand in excel. In theory the cloud idea is great but in reality, shit happens and who ever has your data, has you by the balls. I know there are some of you IT guys out there that may disagree but thats fine with me.

To me, the cloud has to fit the business. If you don't negotiate availability of your own data in your contract (to something you personally control), I'm not sure what to tell you.