Northern Utah invite: camping somewhere this weekend

sixstringsteve

Who wants to go camping somewhere sometime this weekend?

Coming
sixstringsteve
kevin b
chocflip 201
TJDukit
TRD270
Ozzy702

Maybe
193 Kyle

Last edited:

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I'm planning on checking out Whitney Reservoir, we'll be going up Friday and coming back Saturday. Gonna have the canoe and fishing poles I hope, and searching for ruins at Mill City and Gold Hill is on the agenda too. Just me and the family right now, but you or anybody else is welcome to join us.

Somewhere here-ish http://goo.gl/maps/kDq5B

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

I'm in if I can get my daughter's vehicle squared away! Y'all can teach me how to fish again! It's been way too long!

I can teach you how to touch a fish. I just learned how to do that last year. It was a big deal for me. I hope I still remember how.

That reminds me, my fishing license just expired. I need to renew it.

CobraNutt

I can teach you how to touch a fish. I just learned how to do that last year. It was a big deal for me. I hope I still remember how.

That reminds me, my fishing license just expired. I need to renew it.
I'm ok with touching fish. Removing hooks is not my favorite thing in the world to do, but it is what it is. Funny...I had a bluegill spear my finger when I was a teenager...I've hated them ever since, especially after the infection set in! Grr... :)

I need to go to my storage and see if I even still have a rod & reel tucked away...I think I do...somewhere. Probably broken and rusted by now, though. Maybe a trip to Cabela's is in order... :) Oh yeah...and tackle/box...license...sheesh...may as well start over!

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
kev, have you ever been there? Are these developed sites with BBQs and tables, or undeveloped?
I haven't been there yet, and the interwebs aren't full of info. It's a stocked lake with a maintained dirt road in, so I don't think it would be unreasonable to expect fire pits and primitive toilets and such.

Skeptic was up last weekend, maybe he'll chime in.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member

I'm not going to lie, that thread had me laughing. I don't mind touching a fish but if I can get it off my fly without I go that route. I use forceps to get the hook then let it wiggle off. I haven't caught any fish this year either. I need to get going and fix that quick.

I wish I could come on this, my puppy would love it too but we are headed to Cedar City for the Shakespeare Festival this weekend.

DAA

It's at large (undeveloped) camping in that area. Or, it was last time I camped there, which was a long time ago. I've driven through there several times in recent years on day trips though and don't recall seeing any developed sites. Tons of user developed spots though. Thinking about it, I think there might be a vault toilet or two?

- DAA

STAG

On my grind
I'm not a fisherman myself, but I like watching. I'll plan on this. I know I have a few crews working on Sat but I don't think it should be an issue.