iphone 6 vs iphone 6 plus??

idahoyj

What does RME have to say? I'm renewing phone contracts at work and we are getting iphone 6's for everyone. But I am considering upgrading mine to the plus. I have an oldish ipad and we have a new imac at home so I'm sorta familiar with apple devices. Ive never had an iphone though.
So, my debate, should i stick with the standard 6, or pop the $100 and go 6 plus?

Jeromy

I really enjoy my 6 plus. At first it seemed a bit to big but after a while now I'm glad I went for the plus. I picked my old 4s the other day and it seemed tiny.

Cascadia

Undecided
I went with a 6. After a month I listed the 6 for sale and went back to my 5s. The 6 was too big for me. That was my only complaint.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Size is a preference thing. Memory is usually a better way to spend money.

Going from 16 to 32 isn't a bad idea especially when contracts are two years these days.

I run the 5s, just because the contract isn't up until November and I don't have to have newest toys. I wish I would have gone for more memory.

Whatever you do get a GOOD case for it. I have run otter box defenders on my last 3 phones and they seem to help me keep the phones together. I like spending the extra money to buy them at a store so if by case I break the clip or something I have a physical place to warranty it. Save the receipt. :). Good luck.

Tonkaman

Size is a preference thing. Memory is usually a better way to spend money.

Going from 16 to 32 isn't a bad idea especially when contracts are two years these days.

I run the 5s, just because the contract isn't up until November and I don't have to have newest toys. I wish I would have gone for more memory.

Whatever you do get a GOOD case for it. I have run otter box defenders on my last 3 phones and they seem to help me keep the phones together. I like spending the extra money to buy them at a store so if by case I break the clip or something I have a physical place to warranty it. Save the receipt. :). Good luck.

Excellent advise. I think 32GB is a minimum to keep you and your phone happy. My work bought my new 6 and only got a 16GB. I'm constantly having to erase things just to take a picture or even to do software updates.

Good cases are better than an insurance policy. My preference is Lifeproof brand. They are 100% water proof and still very slim

Jesser04

I vote the 6plus the battery life far out weights the size downfall. I consider myself a heavy user I can get a whole day out of it without charging it. My 5s would be dead by noon or one. Like jeromy mentioned whenever I pick up a 5s it seems so small now. I'm a big fan of Applecare as well 100 bucks is worth it for the incendential coverage in my opinion.

Last edited:

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
I personally went with the 6 Plus and glad I did. I enjoy having the larger screen and battery life has been good. There is no 32GB option on the new 6's. It's only 16/64/128GB sizes. The 6 is still a good size however I still think upgrading to a plus is the way to go.

idahoyj

Thanks for all of your opinions! I bit the bullet and ordered the 6+. I went into the store and felt-up all of the phone options and decided the plus wasn't "too" big. Plus it has a lot longer battery life. Unfortunately, my carrier didn't have immediate access to the upgraded memory option phones, so I ended up with a regular 16.

Really, the biggest deciding factor, was since I don't have a big diesel truck to make up for my manhood, I went with the biggest phone I could afford. ;)

idahoyj

"Plus" is working for me. It is definately big, but thats what I like about it so far. I NEED to get a case on it though. Too bad I spent all of my $ on the phone and now I can't afford to protect it! ;)

Samersen

I did the 6 plus as well. I love it the apps on the home screen rotate... finally (big pet peeve of mine of my past iPhones). Only complaint so far is when using it in bed and I drop it on my face it hurts more then my 4 did. ;)