Irok question

Before I ran iroks I ran the tsl swamper and the bogger. Both tires I ripped holes in the sidewalls. I had a lot more confidence in the sidewalls of the iroks. It could be that they had a higher load rating making them feel tougher. I noticed the 17's come in a ten ply.
That's quite interesting. Were your TSL's the SX's?

cannoncrawler

TWERNT THE MORMONS!!!!!!
my Iroks were put through hell. I thought that bald they still did amazing!!!!!!! many times on the lava rocks we have up here in Idaho, I was sure I would pop em, but the sidewall was never an issue!!! switched to radial tsl's and popped a sidewall on a dirt road!!! lol lol

Irok had Quick tread life though. I would prolly get a tsl and groove it!

Ya, that one

It reminds me why I never did.

No kidding.

The thing I like most about reading through this thread is that you all love your SX's as much as I love mine. I want a bigger tire (for the snow) but I don't know if I want a 42 on my rig...39.5 is fine. I might just live with 38x14.5's...right now I have 12.50's.

It's funny how people are so split on irok's but nearly unanimous on SX's

Chevycrew

Thats like me, I have 95% tread sx's and the amount I get out, they will have tread for years to come. But it sure would be nice to get those 42's..But then I will really break the 44, and more tire rub, not in a 15.......too much work

Here

I've got a picture of a 42" SX2 with a 20" wheel around here somewhere, I can't have no find it though.

Wow, I finally read through that...and now I can't decide on 40x13.5 or 42x15. I want the wider footprint for the snow (my 12.50's are too skinny for my fat behind) but the 42's might be a little big for me.

I snagged a gift cert for some swampers...so when I say I can't decide, it means that I need to decide...soon...

Leaning towards the 42's again...if they are really too big I can sell them for some 40's...