Iroks or BFG KM2s?

DevinB

I like traffic lights
I'm thinking of getting some new tires but can't decide between Iroks and the new BFG KM2s. I'm looking at the 37x12.50r17 radials in both styles. What are your opinions? Which is better offroad? Are the KM2s still too new to get some good feedback? I'd also get Cragar Soft 8's in the 17x8 flavor, then offroadoverstock.com's DIY beadlocks.

They're going on an SOA wrangler, D44 front/F8.8 rear with 4.88s. It's at the stock wheelbase (~94"), but I hope to stretch it to ~100" by next spring. As of right now it's my DD, but I plan on keeping my balding 35's and running those around town and just putting the 37's on when I go wheeling. And if things go my way, the jeep will become a trailer queen by next spring.

What do you guys think?

del0075

i had the Irocks on my jeep.. and couldnt get them off fast enough...went with BFG's and i am happy with them

DevinB

I like traffic lights
i had the Irocks on my jeep.. and couldnt get them off fast enough...went with BFG's and i am happy with them

What was wrong with the Iroks? I've read both good and bad reviews, mostly good though.

I can get either tire shipped to my door for under $1400. Or I could get them for $1600 at Discount Tire along with the road hazard warranty, which is where they'll replace the tire if it rips or gets an irreparable hole. Yeah it's $200 more, but for the piece of mind...

Caleb

My main complaint about the Iroks I had was their life was non-existent. I had only a couple trips on mine and had very noticeable wear (tread was slightly cupping and the nobbies were all worn off). This was on my buggy so no street use, I think with street use you will not get much life out them at all. I would do the BFGs with those choices.

Meat_

Banned
I'm an anything other than Irok fan. When you do go ahead and buy Iroks run them backwards so they will suck slightly less.

LT.

If you are looking for pure off road traction in the rocks then you should go with the IROK's. But, like everybody else is saying they wear out so fast that you can watch them wear out as you drive. It is my opinion that there is not a better tire out there for the rocks than the IROK's, hands down.

LT.

del0075

the traction was terrible on my irocks...couldnt keep them on bead, and when i did air down the wheel spun inside of the tire...the bfg have been great and the traction is awsome...i only run mine off road and the life of them was terrible...

Meat_

Banned
If you are looking for pure off road traction in the rocks then you should go with the IROK's. But, like everybody else is saying they wear out so fast that you can watch them wear out as you drive. It is my opinion that there is not a better tire out there for the rocks than the IROK's, hands down.

LT.
That's not what I'm saying at all, I'm saying that (barring the 42"s which are an entirely different tire) Iroks suck at everything. The only thing Iroks had going for them is that they were cheap. I'm ashamed for Interco for making the useless bastard known as Irok. But at least they still make SXs