Is anybody sleeping with a Line-x Dealer? (Looking for a price break)

CoreyPerez

Hey folks,

I'm looking for sombody that knows a Line-x dealer in UT. I don't really want to pay 500 for a liner on the ol' Ram just to get it sprayed. Plus, this on top of the Goose Hitch, that makes for quite a pretty penny.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Corey

CoreyPerez

My main concern is I want it to look good. I've used Herculiner before, and it looks like crap, holds up like crap, and isn't really worth crap. With all the work thats involved, I don't think its really worth the $100 that it cost. I had a friend that I helped do it on his Sami and the stuff started coming off the next year. I didn't have any problem with my Nerf Bars that I put it on, but over all, I wouldn't use it again.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Corey

Jeeptj98

I wouldn't use that Herculiner, Use that Durabak stuff, it is just as good as Line-X. And it is a Do it yourself. It would save you some Money.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
the problem with trying to get a great deal on line-x is that the materials are the expensive part. the masking is time consuming and requires skill to do properly, the prep time is immense and it takes an educated person to apply it.

The reason you pay so much is that it costs a TON to apply so don't expect a huge discount from a buddy buddy because it is still gonna cost you a lot!!

CoreyPerez

Well,

I guess it depends on what you consider a huge discount, and what I consider a huge discount. When I take into consideration that I've been quoted $375 for the EXACT same job from the same location that also quoted $525, I consider that a discount, and a considerable one at that. The problem is, I can't get the rate I was quoted before. I've also posted this post on the Trubo Diesel Register, and others have chimed in with how much they pay'd and where. Most commonly, Texas charges nearly $100 less than just about anywhere else.

Corey

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
texas has less stringent environmental standards also...cost of filtration of shop exhaust air might make up for some of the extra cost....and environmental taxation on businesses might have something to do with the price variation also..

Machine

there's a line-x place about 3 miles from me...if i remember right they quoted me $300.00 to spray my jeep tub.

.....but i'm in Texas :D

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
Originally posted by Machine
there's a line-x place about 3 miles from me...if i remember right they quoted me $300.00 to spray my jeep tub.

.....but i'm in Texas :D

$300!!!!!!! I've been quoted over a grand for the tub of my YJ!!! Wow, good deal!

Machine

the $300.00 was if i removed the carpet and seats (except drivers) myself and gave it to them clean so they didn't have a lot of prep work.

CoreyPerez

BIGSGT,

Thanks, but it looks like I may have to hold off for a little bit. Just found out that the wife's office is closing down, so there goes 1/2 of our income. Plus, I needed to get my Goose Hitch put in before the liner was shot. That was an additional $250. I'll keep it in mind incase one of these other job offers pans out.

Thanks,

Corey