Is there any truth to this?

RWH

Let's Roll For Justice
"You'll save money by swapping your OEM front springs to the rear of your ZJ and putting our new lift springs in the front. You'll be amazed at the transformation for such a low price. Even on stock wheels and tires, your ZJ will look, feel, and drive like it should have right off the assembly line. (The ZJ in the photo below has our 3.5" kit installed and is running 31" tires on OEM wheels)"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-5-...004QQitemZ140031772637QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I've never heard of that being done for that much gain in height...

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
The spring rate would be way off like Brett said. Suspensions are just not a place to be pinching pennies... imo.

GOAT

Back from the beyond
"You'll save money by swapping your OEM front springs to the rear of your ZJ and putting our new lift springs in the front. You'll be amazed at the transformation for such a low price. Even on stock wheels and tires, your ZJ will look, feel, and drive like it should have right off the assembly line. (The ZJ in the photo below has our 3.5" kit installed and is running 31" tires on OEM wheels)"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-5-...004QQitemZ140031772637QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I've never heard of that being done for that much gain in height...

Been there and done it. My old ZJ sat way high in the rear and needed adjustable arms ETC to make it work. Save up for an RE or FT kit or throw on a BB.

RWH

Let's Roll For Justice
yeah, wasn't seriously concidering doing that, I was just wondering if there was really that much of a difference. Especially since it claims "complete" kit.

Zombie

Random Dead Guy
I'm running a similar, yet more ghetto setup right now. The front springs are way stiff for the back, and they WILL sag, but still ride like crap. Also, the stock control arms are a little short, resulting in little clearance between the tire and the lower corner of the body. I'm running almost worn out 32s, and I occasionally rub in this spot (among others). Also, the rear axle won't be centered, resulting in some steering weirdness. I'd look at this option as a start, if you plan to upgrade things later.