Is this someone here?

JoeT

http://www.averagejoe4x4challenge-expo.com/4X4 Challenge.htm
4X4%20Ch1.jpg

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
That is Johnny Lange's (Wild Yoats) old 4Runner, not sure who he sold it too. I think the truck in the back of the pic is Tracy's (1/4eliptic)...

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
cruiseroutfit said:
That is Johnny Lange's (Wild Yoats) old 4Runner, not sure who he sold it too. I think the truck in the back of the pic is Tracy's (1/4eliptic)...

Johnny sold it to Paul May's nephue IIRC?

Webby

Official Cutie Pie
JeepinJoe said:
Just wondering if that site had permission to use their pics on that site.

The the site owner or agent of site owner takes the picture they can use it without permission, but they should blur the license plate or people's faces unless they have a signed release from the person in the picture.

I don't see no faces, so that's not an issue. But displaying a license plate number in public media can get them in a little bit of trouble. Not much though.

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
Webby said:
The the site owner or agent of site owner takes the picture they can use it without permission, but they should blur the license plate or people's faces unless they have a signed release from the person in the picture.

I don't see no faces, so that's not an issue. But displaying a license plate number in public media can get them in a little bit of trouble. Not much though.

I dont think you can get in trouble, for displaying the license plate unless you intend to exploit it someway. its displayed everyday to thousands on your bumper, parking lots etc

Caleb

NoTrax said:
I dont think you can get in trouble, for displaying the license plate unless you intend to exploit it someway. its displayed everyday to thousands on your bumper, parking lots etc

I was gonna say the same thing, it would be more of a courtesy to blur them but I don't think there is anything legal (or illegal) about it.

Webby

Official Cutie Pie
Actually it is ... but only if someone wants to be really anal about it. 41-1a-1305, sub section 10 ... A photograph is considered a "reproduction" of a license plate. It's one of thise nit piky jerk things they never use, until you really piss someone off and they want to make your life a living hell.

Caleb

Webby said:
Actually it is ... but only if someone wants to be really anal about it. 41-1a-1305, sub section 10 ... A photograph is considered a "reproduction" of a license plate. It's one of thise nit piky jerk things they never use, until you really piss someone off and they want to make your life a living hell.
thats an interpretation and could easily be fought...nothing in that section says anything about photographing...thats be like saying traffic cams (that all the news channels use) are illegal. If they were trying to sell that pic thats different. The only part of that section that even gets close is the part saying a facsimile, but a facsimile is an"exact" copy, thats far from exact...

Caleb

RedRockXJ said:
I can understand that law. It would probably bug me to find my rig on someones site where everyone can see my license plate number.
:confused: I really don't understand this line of thought??? Hundreds (if not thousands) of people see your plate everyday, why does it matter if a few people see your plate on the interweb? :spork:

please help me understand what the big deal is? :p