Wanted -ISO- Taurus fan assembly

BlackWiddow

I currently have a '02 dodge durango fan on my GC and it's starting to go out, looking for anyone from logan to SLC area that might have a extra Taurus fan laying around before I hit the pick and pull's.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
If you do let me know and I might have you build a second one for me on my LJ... on the freeway I get temps up in the 220 range and I don't think its a good thing...

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
If you do let me know and I might have you build a second one for me on my LJ.

The good news: the fan I bought (which I think actually came out of a Thunderbird--it's the same fan/motor as the Taurus) has a squarish shroud which is the perfect size to install in a TJ. Seriously, all I had to do was attach a few angle brackets so I can bolt it into the OEM shroud bolt holes on the radiator itself.

The bad news: if you overheat on the highway, it is extremely unlikely to be the result of a faulty/weak fan. On the highway, you should have all the airflow you'd ever need to keep the coolant temp happy... unless you've blocked the radiator with a huge winch and other accessories, or you have debris clogging up the radiator itself (such as between the condenser and the radiator), or any other scenario which prevents ambient air from flowing through the radiator core.

Do you run hot in town, too? Or just at freeway speeds?

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
my LJ is kinda funny... I get better mileage driving around town then on the freeway. it over heats on the freeway but cools down quickly after some low speed driving. I do have the winch on the front but its down low but still blocks about 1/4 of the radiator.