Israel

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
For all the trouble over there, they are pretty small.

Isreal = 10,773 square miles

for comparison

Utah = 84,904 square miles
Hawaii = 10,932 square miles
Massachusetts = 10,555 square miles

And the population is ~7.2 million

I would not mind going for a visit, but maybe I am just as happy reading about it on wikipedia. There has to be much better places to spend time than there

MOPARMAN

Admitted Dodgeaholic
Man ! Thats a lot of people ! Mabey thats why there so ticked off ,
with that many people packed into such a small amount of real estate ya couldn't turn to spit with out spitin on someone !

Cherokeester

for comparison

And the population is ~7.2 million

I would not mind going for a visit, but maybe I am just as happy reading about it on wikipedia. There has to be much better places to spend time than there

What are you getting at exactly with this thread?:confused: Oh, and it's spelled ISRAEL.

Last edited:

offroaddave

It's just one term!
Man ! Thats a lot of people ! Mabey thats why there so ticked off ,
with that many people packed into such a small amount of real estate ya couldn't turn to spit with out spitin on someone !

I think there pissed off because missles keep hitting there shopping malls and movie theaters. And when they send one or two back the media goes completly insane like this was an UNprovoked attack.

Just my opinion.

Mother Deuce

for comparison

Oh, for the love of all that is holy. How can you cite statistics and light a political torch when you can't even freaking spell ISRAEL.

There are outstanding community remedial education programs that are probably a better use of your time than this thread.

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Oh, for the love of all that is holy. How can you cite statistics and light a political torch when you can't even freaking spell ISRAEL.

There are outstanding community remedial education programs that are probably a better use of your time than this thread.

It's always smart to personally attack a mod for no reason at all. :rolleyes:

Cherokeester

Getting back to the original question to the thread poster. What are you trying to say? It comes off as the country is so small we don't need to worry about it or what? Please do tell!

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
What are you getting at exactly with this thread?:confused: Oh, and it's spelled ISRAEL.

ISREAL or ISRAEL... all the same to me.. That there is how I learned to spell in my Utah public education classes. You should feel lucky there was only one error in my post :cody:

No political agenda on this one. Today's news was that Iran had finished drafting a plan to bomb Israel, in the event they are attacked. Out of boredom I looked up the size and was surprised at how small the country was so I figured it would be interesting to discuss. Think of all of the bombings, violence, and history in that small corner of the world. I would guess that most people there have been exposed to that type of violence in a very personal way.

Cherokeester

I would hope that no offense was meant in your post. But you called somebody's home country small and implied insignificant. Do you know why the Arab world wants Israel gone from the planet? Or that Israel has a high religous significance to most people in the world whether Jewish or Christian? The way I read your thread was it is so small who cares what happens to it. If that was my home country I would be pretty upset. Also, I wouldn't exactly call it a "small corner of the world".

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin

Read the title. He misspelled it only once. And I'd really like to see no more personal attacks come out of this.

I didn't see any kind of agenda behind his post. Just a few little facts to ponder. Did anybody see where he said we shouldn't care about Israel?

You all need to loosen up.

MCE

4x4mentalist
Also, I wouldn't exactly call it a "small corner of the world".

You might not, but others may. It's a matter of personal belief and opinion. :) Israel is a small place with a lot of people. That's what I learned from this thread. It didn't make me care more OR less about the place.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
I think you are reading into this too much. I see the point you are trying to make, but that is not what I said, or meant to say, that is just how you read it.

In my mind the place is sprawling with desert, mountains, cities, landscape etc. I read about the middle east every day. But to hear that if you took 100 x 100 miles that is all the land mass they cover. The county is just 50 miles wide and 200 miles long. To me the size/significance does not relate together. Take England or France in the world war, not many square miles there compared to the enemies, but a huge player in the war.

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
"The first shall be last and the last shall be first"

This has many aspects in Judeo-Christian theology. I have pondered over this many times in the past. One aspect is in regards to “G_d's covenant people” (jews), and in this context all others (gentiles). The concepts of Armageddon (when the jews once again become first) is an interesting thought. Poor buggers during the time they are last (Hitler as well as modern day persecution).