Isuzu 6BD Diesel with SM465 adapter bell and clutch kit - $1200 obo

OCNORB

Supporting Member
For the diesel freaks... I have a freshly rebuilt (all new sleeves, crank, pistons, rods, bearings, etc.) Isuzu 6BD1 which is a close clone of the Cummins 6BT, but a slightly smaller package. This motor is N/A and runs beautifully. Starts very easily and wires up with one 12v wire to the glow plugs.

It uses an SAE #2 bell that is mated to a chevy manual transmission adapter plate. Clutch looks to be in good shape.

Motor is rated at 142 HP@2800 and 289 ft lbs@ 1600 rpm. The turbo version (which this is not- but uses the same pistons) is rated at 163HP@2500 and 375 ft lbs@1800.

These were popular swaps into full size trucks in the Seattle area and have the reputation of delivering 25+ mpg in those trucks. I was going to use it in my truck, but something more sinister popped up. Would be a cool motor for any vehicle that originally had an inline 6. SM465 transmissions can be found for $50-$100 on KSL recently.

If you are interested I can fire it up for your listening pleasure. Call 801-55Fore-765ATE between 9 AM and 9PM only please. Texts or calls are ok.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to have this... but already have 2, 4x4 projects going at once. I wouldn't have anything to put it into!

OCNORB

Supporting Member
Whats one more?:D

I would like to keep it, but momma says one of them has to go...:mad:

OCNORB

Supporting Member
any pics??

Engine6bd1web2.jpg

Valvetrain:
Valves_Broken_injector_line.jpg

Internals:
DSCN0446.jpg

Fresh sleeves and pistons:
DSCN0434.jpg

Chev adapter:
DSCN0539.jpg

DSCN0538.jpg

OCNORB

Supporting Member
BTW- It has 80 lbs of oil pressure at idle and the oil pan is new. It also comes with an oil pan that was cut down for install in a truck. (Shaped like a cummins pan.)

OCNORB

Supporting Member
That could look cool in a rat rod

I've got all the parts you might need for that! - A '28 AA 2.5 ton Ford Pickup (whats left of it- perfect for a rat $200), a '29 Model A Frame with front axle, '32 Fiberglass body and a Ford 9" to go with it. All for sale.