Isuzu Rodeo Springs...

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
it's like magic. If you need something, or ask for something. sometimes they just appear. Who is a coil spring raitng geek, or knows a link.

94rodeo

As my springs are sagging I would be glad to help find a home for yours :D by the way do you know of the moab zu in may?

Troy

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I still don't understand what the question is asking...are you putting rodeo coils under your car?

if so.....why?

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
he's going to build a 4x4 car. he needs to get the a$$ up in the air. I think the coils will be to tall, possibly to stiff. But the coils are fairly thin, but they are off an suv. How do you tell how stiff a coils will be? MAkes for a cheep lift kit though :D

The Dragon

The Web God
My ass end sags, it needs excersize... maybe Rodeo springs will be just what the doctor ordered...

You can find just about anything at a junk yard... but I didn't want Corolla springs because they are the cause of my sagging... I need stiffer springs to support the 70 pound sub box in the trunk... (P.S. It's still for sale :))...

I guess the best thing to do would be to stick them on and see what happens...

xjc

I give up :(
Hmmm

Front springs off a 4000 lb vehicle on the back of a 2000 lb vehicle?

Should give you some seriouse lift!!! Might ride a little stiff, but that will just make it corner better:D

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by The Dragon
Ok... just checkin'...

so basically your rear end is sagging and you have some spare coils from your SUV that you want to put in your car....I say give it a try, can you just unbolt the coils and swap them real quick or do you have to pull some mcpherson struts to change things around?

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
see spence we can cut down the coils untill we get the hight right... Just how do you tell if the coils are the same or if they are progressive? I guess the thickness of the coil spring is how stiff it is? Or does it run in some spiral rating?

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
my understanding is progressive coils have different spacing.

when one coil of a spring has the same rate as another single coil of the same spring the only difference is the distance it has the ability to compress to.

same thickness of spring material allowed to compress a distance of 1 inch before bottoming out will offer different compression than one that has .5 inches to compress.

progressive rate...
tacomacoil.jpg

normal
coil.jpg

try to cut from the end that has evenly spaced individual coilings....

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
yea I lowered a front of an old 2wd chebby by hackin the coils. still rode fine. Used a sawzall. I think like two blades :D Never did get it alligned. Thanx for the input on coils