isuzu tranny in yota truck?

levikepsel

complete poser
so I think shifting is highly overrated. and i've heard there are a lot of similarities between older isuzu and toyota tranny's. has anyone heard of putting an auto isuzu into an older toy(1986)? just looking for info right now.

Paul R

so I think shifting is highly overrated. and i've heard there are a lot of similarities between older isuzu and toyota tranny's. has anyone heard of putting an auto isuzu into an older toy(1986)? just looking for info right now.

Any reason you want isuzu? I think there are plenty of auto toy trannies out there...

levikepsel

complete poser
most toy auto tranny's are pretty worthless. at least the older 80's ones. i was looking for isuzu cuz i've heard both were produced by aisin and the bell housings interchange. it might be just a rumor.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
The Isuzu 5 speeds (and a bunch of others), and the R series (R151, R150) Toyota transmissions share the same bolt pattern where the bell housing meets the transmission. I don't think that the same is true for the auto's and if it where your still stuck with the stock Isuzu t-case gears. In most cases the Isuzu crowd runs the opposite being Isuzu motor and Toyota drive train.... Just my 2cents.