it drives it drives it drives!!!!

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
just got everything together the other day and i have been cruisin it around everyday after work and today i had my dad take some pics.
here they are...

http://community.webshots.com/album/92146264qEwFlo

oh and we cruised it on a canal road by my house into a dirt field with some mounds i was just screwing around on and a cop pulls up...
i thought i was screwed not having insurance, registration or my drivers license on me. i just explained i had been working on it for a year and i wanted to see if it all works and everything. he just asked me if it was stolen and i said no, but i can't prove it. he just said to take off, and then he talked to me about it. he was just like "you built this all yourself?" and i was like yeah. he talked with us for like 5 minutes and took off. i am soooooo lucky! and then we talked about how my bros car just got stolen from our work at the county building.... it sucks!

taking apart the t-case and putting in a new chain and a new clutch tomorrow.

-nate

N-Smooth

the front and rear springs are brand new and i can tell they are going to need a lot of work. the rear are skyjacker 8" rr and the front are procomp 4" yj springs. they will need some work, i will just flex them up alot and get out and take pictures...posing is how i broke in my old lift. almost as much posing as wheeling.

but, my front shackle angle is sweeet, i designed it that way, i estimated well. i might be completely redoing the front with shackle reversal in a while...the suspension is not done front or rear. i want much more from the rear, possibly 3/4 ellip buggy springs or just a long shackle with good angle cause the ones i have on there have horrible angle.

-nate

p.s. the other day when iwas screwing around on these big dirt mounds it felt like i was driving a monster truck or something. i have so much clearance and my tires are a reasonable size. besides that, i only had a 3" lift before and i haven't driven it for a year and i have been driving the sami and it is low low low compared to the heep.

N-Smooth

yeah i believe it was a cherokee chief axle. they had a lot of them where i went and the guy gave me a deal cause i used to deliver to him from bradshaws. if anyone wants a flat top knuckle for d44 ask me i know where they are, but i do charge a finders fee... haha

isn't the steering buff though??? the tie rod looks like a dana 30 for crying out loud! i could jack up my front end from that thing!

-nate

Originally posted by xj_punk
yeah i believe it was a cherokee chief axle. they had a lot of them where i went and the guy gave me a deal cause i used to deliver to him from bradshaws. if anyone wants a flat top knuckle for d44 ask me i know where they are, but i do charge a finders fee... haha

isn't the steering buff though??? the tie rod looks like a dana 30 for crying out loud! i could jack up my front end from that thing!

-nate

I may actually take you up on that flat top offer holms. I'm about to start my hunt for a set of Waggies to go under my Heep, but the good stuff is kinda hard to come by here in coastal NC. Yeah, thats right, I don't live in UT.:D

N-Smooth

that sucks i went to a yeard yesterday (i won't say which one) and i saw like 3 waggys with 44's f/r and i know of more in other yards. check ebay for flattops. let me know if you need me to pull you a couple and ship.

-nate

I've seen a lot of bunk products on EBay lately as far as flat tops go. Guys taking chop-saws to knuckles and **** like that - there's a pretty good thread on PBB in Gen4x4 with some links to EBay items.

I seriously may have to take you up on that if I can't find a passenger side Waggy flat top locally. You know, as long as the price is right.:D

So what hi-steer arm did you use with your setup?

Cruiser

look what i can do!!
dude that looks SWEET, however i will still dominate you.............AS ALWAYS!!!:D :p
but lets go try it out anyway!....
cant wait to see it in person!!

olly:)

N-Smooth

olly, whats up biatch? yeah it is a big heep, and i have gotten a lot done but it still needs a lot of work. i have the tranny and t-case out right now and brandon is going to weld my t-case planetary gears this weekend. i am going to replace my rear main seal and oil pan and work on the clutch too. you should come check it out sometime. me and tyler (smith) work on it every weekend. i had it driving but i took it all apart to do that stuff. did you see the steering? badass huh?
we need to go wheeling dude! remember when we went to 62 with kyle's brother's truck and your cruiser and your front dshaft kept coming out and clunking... that was great! you had to get out your bottleneck and jack between the spring and the frame. good times man.
let me know if you want to check it out sometime, i would like to take a closer look at your cruiser too. and i want to discuss my future plans with you and junk.
later
-nate