It's Badbuggy's Birthday!!!

Badbuggy

rock star
Thanks everybody! We tried to make it over to Moab, but things just didn't work out. Next year for sure. Shelby got the buggy out of storage today, and it has really got me into the mood to put the axle shaft in it and hit some trails. I am getting close in my recovery, better seats are the next thing I need to get for it. Plus a buddy of mine just bought a huge cj5 and wants to learn about rock crawling. Really getting the itch!
Thanks again, Jeff

Badbuggy

rock star
Oh, I almost forgot, I picked up several hundred feet of 1.75 X 120wall HREW tube, so there may be some new projects in the future! (Don't count me out yet)

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Happy Birthday Jeff,

Missed you at the races. Pretty Wild. a Little cold but WILD. Saw some wrecks that we amazing, "didn't know you could break that amazing..." We were able keep everything together, :)

Badbuggy

rock star
Yep, I saw a picture of JT's rig being picked up and carried out by a trackhoe, thats something you don't see much. Glad you were able to keep it together. How did you guys do?

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
1st run Finished the course in 4:something but caught a banner so that added two min. Ouch.
2nd Run, lost the linkage to the transmission, I jumped out and was shifting it manually (at the tranny) but we ended up getting stuck in "Cancer Canyon" and got picked up like JT with the Track hoe
3rd run Blew threw the first parts, hit the turn around no problems. When we entered the canyon on the way back it felt like we were clear and we weren't. As we gassed out of it, the rear tire wanted to be on the other side of the buggy and we rolled...
4th run, we sailed over the table top, caught the corner perfect, flew over both sets of doubles, over the rock face, through the pit, snuck through the canyon with no worries, hit the turn around. back through everything, everything was fine till we hit the down side of the rock face, where we stood it on its nose. Luckily Clay powered out it and we were able to finish clean.

A lot of fun.

man that turned into a novel.