#iwannagofast ZJ build

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
There is a very real chance I don’t finish a single course this weekend; my biggest fear is that I’m going to get it down there, and some massive issue is going to pop up (because of the lack of a proper shake down), and I’m not going to be able to fix it.

But until then, it’s all gravy baby 😎
Well you get my kudos for taking it down there and trying. Period.

STAG

On my grind
You may be pleasantly surprised. And if you do get an unfixable breakdown, that’s still better than not going. Besides, if something breaks now, that just means it needed replaced anyways so guy-math says it doesn’t cost you any more than replacing it the way you wanted to anyways.

And if you go down there and everything works great, then guy-math says you actually made money because maybe you don’t even have to fix what you thought you would have needed to 😁

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
You may be pleasantly surprised. And if you do get an unfixable breakdown, that’s still better than not going. Besides, if something breaks now, that just means it needed replaced anyways so guy-math says it doesn’t cost you any more than replacing it the way you wanted to anyways.

And if you go down there and everything works great, then guy-math says you actually made money because maybe you don’t even have to fix what you thought you would have needed to 😁

I’m not entirely sure how, but that makes sense.

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
Went to Delta. Attempted 3 courses, finished exactly 0 of them. Ended up denting the oil pan with my trackbar on my 2nd course, which caused my crank to make contact with the pan. Luckily, a few well calculated blows with a hammer gave me just enough clearance to get back out on my next course. But then the brakes kinda failed at the same time as the steering clamp slid, and the front corner kinda kissed a wall pretty hard on my 3rd course. But I had a blast, and it was still a success in my book, even though I’ve got some work ahead of me.

Attachments

• IMG_9787.jpeg
    IMG_9787.jpeg
    352.8 KB · Views: 18

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
So I had an idea. It could be a good idea; it looks good (in my opinion), but has issues- mostly that those lights aren’t DOT approved, and they will draw more attention to the Jeep by the type of people I don't want paying attention to my Jeep.

So my thoughts went three ways. One- run em anyway, and ask for forgiveness instead of permission. Two- fix it up, run the stock stuff (boring, but safe). Or three- find a couple pairs of JK headlights, and run those in a similar fashion to the setup in the pic here. I would then have DOT compliant lights that are *far* better than the stock units (even with LED bulbs installed), with hi/lo beams, and if I get the right ones, they would even have blinkers built in, so I wouldn't have to worry about figuring those out. Mounting wouldn’t be too hard, as I believe most “Harley” style motorcycles run the same 7” lights, so I could get some clean and simple mounts (see 2nd pic) and mount them pretty easily. I would just have to figure out how to wire them up, and electrical is definitely NOT a strength of mine.

IMG_9872.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9874.jpeg
    IMG_9874.jpeg
    59.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: