Jack stands, tall ones?

fordy4

Mobile home piers seem to work well if you can find some. Mine range from around 1 1/2 to 3 feet tall, not sure if I have ever seen any 4' though.

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
what do you need 4 foot jack stands for? ive got some that go up to about 2 1/2 to 3 feet and ive used them on tons of trucks(for lift kits, t-cases, ect) but ive never needed them at full height and depending on how you are planning on making them i cant imagen them being too safe

If you really need to go 4 feet high, I would weld up a custom metal 'sawhorse' out of channel that fits what you intend to do with it and then take it apart. Regular style jackstands that went that high would need a huge base to be stable.

I have a pair of 12-ton stands from HF that I use for the mog. I really like how strong and stable they are, but they only go to 30" or so. When I have needed to go taller, I just put a 6 inch wood beam across the top of the stands.

mwmx54

Unimog said:
If you really need to go 4 feet high, I would weld up a custom metal 'sawhorse' out of channel that fits what you intend to do with it and then take it apart. Regular style jackstands that went that high would need a huge base to be stable.

I have a pair of 12-ton stands from HF that I use for the mog. I really like how strong and stable they are, but they only go to 30" or so. When I have needed to go taller, I just put a 6 inch wood beam across the top of the stands.

i have some rail road ties that i put under my HF stands,

great scott

4' is definitely on the high end of the scale. At this point I an using 6T that reach up 2' then to change an axle I stack a rail road tie under them :( . and still have to play games to get the axles out. Now I am building a new ride and the cab is on 4 saw horses while the frame is on 4 jack stands. If I am going to get some more stands they may as well be tall.