Jacob City

abhaulr1

Bush Eaters
Well Jesse, his wife and me and my wife went for a little run today. We thought we would run a quick trip to Jacob city just outside of Stockton. It started out kinda rough, my fan clutch deceided to go south on me. It didnt come apart just wouldn't lockup to help cool the motor. Once we got it cooled of it worked good the rest of the day. We made it up to Jacob City, took a break then it was up to the old cabin on the saddle. Went down a few roads and they lead to an old mine. Took a peak aroud, It went in about 20' just a large open cavern. We then headed back up to the cabin then from there off to Bus canyon. We made it about 1 1/2 miles then we came to a dead fall over the road. Jesse being locked made easy work of it, but me being open in both had a little trouble. About an hour later and a broken front drive line we got passed it. So it was down the trail alittle farther with the one wheel wonder. Came across afew more trees, one that gave us quite abit of trouble.
We had to get Jesse's Jeep hooked up to the tree with a strap and pull it out of the way after he made it over. Again I couldn't make it over. So we made it home finally after 6 1/2 hours after we left. What a trip, lots of fun, GOOD TIME. Can't wait to do it again.

Attachments

• JacobCityRun 032.JPG
    JacobCityRun 032.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 27
  • JacobCityRun 044.JPG
    JacobCityRun 044.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 27
  • JacobCityRun 001.JPG
    JacobCityRun 001.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 26
  • JacobCityRun 012.jpg
    JacobCityRun 012.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 25
  • JacobCityRun 036.JPG
    JacobCityRun 036.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 36
  • JacobCityRun 069.jpg
    JacobCityRun 069.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 33
  • JacobCityRun 064.JPG
    JacobCityRun 064.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 43
  • JacobCityRun 049.JPG
    JacobCityRun 049.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 33
  • JacobCityRun 054.jpg
    JacobCityRun 054.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 46
  • JacobCityRun 059.jpg
    JacobCityRun 059.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 36

abhaulr1

Bush Eaters
a few more.

Attachments

• JacobCityRun 045.JPG
    JacobCityRun 045.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 25
  • JacobCityRun 053.JPG
    JacobCityRun 053.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 29
  • JacobCityRun 068.JPG
    JacobCityRun 068.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 25
  • JacobCityRun 074.jpg
    JacobCityRun 074.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 25

abhaulr1

Bush Eaters
a couple more

Attachments

• JacobCityRun 006.JPG
    JacobCityRun 006.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 30
  • JacobCityRun 010.jpg
    JacobCityRun 010.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 30
  • JacobCityRun 009.JPG
    JacobCityRun 009.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 26
  • JacobCityRun 013.JPG
    JacobCityRun 013.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 28

abhaulr1

Bush Eaters
Thanks Roger, No i dont break everytime i go out!! :rofl:
Its like I said before, its back to the stock club for me. Those stock d/l are like a tooth pick. Time to build a better tooth pick.
Dwayne

rondo

rondo
Can you tell me where this trail is, starts, etc? Even my neighbor who did it once on ATVs can't remember. PM is okay if you like. thanks!

abhaulr1

Bush Eaters
Sorry for taking so long to get back, I had to run out to Kansas on thurs and got home on mon afternoon. While I was away i became a grandpa!!
So my time is kinda taken up by her....:) The trail to Jacob City starts in Stockton. You go east at the gas station(only one in town) follow that road for about 3/4 mile, it will turn to a graded road. It comes to a split stay left. When you get to the split there are signs that giude you. About a mile to mile half you will come to another fork, the right trail leads you to Jacob City, the other leads you up the trail to the cabin. If you follow the trail to the cabin, the trail continues another couple of miles, you come to another fork, its in the saddle you can go left to the cabin or right. You cuntinue up the trail along the hillside, when you come out on the ridge and start to decend at the next saddle turn left and continue to the next cross in the trail, go left again. follow this will lead you to the bus and down the trail to the end. This will bring you out at the fork near stockton and the paved road. Hope this helps. If anyone want to run it and im around i'll gladly take you. Like i said its a fun trail, not like a hard core, but a nice change of pace. Anytime you off the pavement and wheelin, its a good time.
Dwayne

And yes Rick, jeeps are fun too!! :rofl: talk to ya soon.