Jeep broke into in West Valley

JkJoJo

JoJo
Somewhere between 4 am and 8 am this morning some Ahole broke into my jeep and stole all my tools, cb, I pod, Compressor, Stauns, All my North Face work gear, Wallet, Smith Sunglasses, and I am sure I am missing something but any way it has been a very bad week I hope no one has to go through this. The worst of this whole mess is I called the cops and they would not even come down. They had me give them a list of all the items missing over the phone and gave me a case number that was it. I f'n hate the police station its BS.

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
Wow that sh***y. I am sorry, I hope somehow you get reimbursed for everything. Thats a lot of cool stuff gone. Its really hard to live in this area and feel comftorable about it. :(

Cherokeester

This sucks! My Cherokee was robbed a couple of weeks ago. Apparently all you have to do is shove a screwdriver through the door right below the keyhole and you are in. Takes all of about five seconds to do it. My rig was parked in Sandy at the time and the cops gave up after about 3 days. Our laptop and a bunch of other stuff was taken.
I feel for ya man.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Wow, that really sucks :-\ You kept a lot of valuables in the jeep :eek:

I f'n hate the police station its BS.

not to rain on your cop hating parade, but what would have made you feel warm and fuzzy about the situation?

JkJoJo

JoJo
Wow, that really sucks :-\ You kept a lot of valuables in the jeep :eek:

not to rain on your cop hating parade, but what would have made you feel warm and fuzzy about the situation?

Maybe if they came over and asked neighbors questions, fingerprints of even we will try but there was nothing.

bobmed

- - - -
They are getting very lazy about investigations:mad:
Most times they don't even look at the scene, then they wonder why they never catch anyone.

Meat_

Banned
IIRC the dollar amount has to be huge before they will come out.... or there has to have been a gun taken..... so, "I can't remember, but I might have had my gun in the Jeep......"

Did they do much damage to the doors/top?

Caleb

IIRC the dollar amount has to be huge before they will come out.... or there has to have been a gun taken..... so, "I can't remember, but I might have had my gun in the Jeep......"

Did they do much damage to the doors/top?
I don't think it has anything at all to do with the dollar amount. It's the agency that's responsible. I've had my stereo stolen several times through my life and pretty much every time an officer has shown up to take a report. Now they won't fingerprint :rolleyes: (this isn't CSI) since there would likely be dozens if not more sets of fingerprints. There would be no way to get anything reliable from fingerprinting.

I don't see why YOU can't go and talk to the neighbors if you want to :confused: I agree, thieves are scums of the earth. I'm honestly not one bit surprised that the cops wouldn't come out though, it is West Valley you're talking about now. If it's not going to make them money, why would they. ;)

Meat_

Banned
Yeah, usually the way they catch these people is from other scum turning them in after they happen upon your stuff in said other scum's possession....

Did I miss where she said it was West Valley?

Jodie, I'm sure all your stuff has financed a nice high for some crack head by now.

rholbrook

My boat got broken into over the weekend but I had all the valuable stuff out of it. They did go through the first aid / medicine kit. All I had medicine wise was aspirin.