Jeep Cherokee lift questions

Will3161

Hi, this is my first post on this forum. I've been searching through them for awhile, though. Anyway, I have some questions concerning lifting a Jeep Cherokee. 1) will 6 inches of lift require slip yoke eliminator, brake line extensions, etc.? 2)will stock shocks even be feasible to use with that much lift?

Now, here's the fun part: I actually found a set of lift coils and lift blocks in the junkyard, and can get the whole setup for about $70. But, its a setup off of a late '80's bronco. I measured the springs and it seems they will fit (with maybe a little modification.) I'm not sure about the lift blocks. Is anyone familiar enough with both of these vehicles to give me some advice on whether or not this is a feasible thing to do, or if it is asking for trouble? Thanks.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
1) Yes
2) No

The Bronco stuff won't be right for your Cherokee. The rear lift blocks may work, but that's not the best way to get your lift anyway. I'd pass on that setup.

redXJ

Thats what she said
DO NOT USE LIFT BLOCKS!!! Adding a lift block will cause it to increase axle wrap and worsen the stress on the springs. Maybe causing one to break. Or at least sag farther faster

Will3161

Jeep Lift

will were you at pick n pull today looking at the suspension of an bronco 2? if so, i wouldnt put that stuff on your jeep...

Yeah, I was there. I just got this jeep a month or so ago, and have been getting it up and running. I only bought it for 175 so I had to put some work into it. It sounds like you know what springs I am talking about. Are those parts cheapo parts or is it just not a good idea to mess with different parts for different models? (I think I'll pass on it anyway...I've found some Jeep lifts in the classifieds for pretty cheap, so I'll probably go that route.)

TheJeepGuy

I was at pick and pull yesterday and there was a cherokee with a 4-6 lift on it that you could pull off, it wasnt blocks either. coils and pucks up front and springs in the rear, with shocks and nice control arms. BTW a Grand cherokee had a lift also, 3" I think.