Jeep CJ-8 Scrambler Wannabe???

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
I just went to Jeep's website. http://www.jeep.com (just in case if you're too lazy to type it in yourself! :) )

They are building a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited... It's frieken retarded looking. They are basically copying the Scrambler by making a Wrangler longer. I thought the Scrambler was cool, but this thing is just lame!

Medsker

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I kind of liked the idea of having a longer wheel base, more leg room for the back seat and especially more room for my gear and all in a brand spankin new vehicle. I admit it is begging for a 6" lift, long arms and 37" MTR's but I liked it.

Medsker

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Looks to me like they are just offer a longer vehicle like what AEV does when you take a TJ to them. They are just cutting out the middle man. I'd own one but, not in stock trim :D

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
I thought the Scrambler was just a CJ with 10" added to it... -_-
So yes this would technically be a scrambler... (or a cj6 because of where they put the wheel wells...)

Caleb

actually the unlimited is a totally different vehicle than the scrambler...both are supposed to be released, the unlimited is gonna be similar to a bobbed scrambler. I too would own one, of course it wouldn't be stock for long at all:D

TDW

James K said:
Looks to me like they are just offer a longer vehicle like what AEV does when you take a TJ to them. They are just cutting out the middle man. I'd own one but, not in stock trim :D

There is no longer a middle man to cut out.

http://www.aev-conversions.com/lwb112.html

From their site:

After a 6 year run and coinciding with the release of the Wrangler Unlimited, we have decided not to take new orders for AEV 104" or 112" Wranglers. The galleries will remain as a 'tribute' to the vehicles that started AEV.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
tweakeyjeep said:
They are building a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited... It's frieken retarded looking. They are basically copying the Scrambler by making a Wrangler longer. I thought the Scrambler was cool, but this thing is just lame!
So we should all just have Jeeps like yours? I think your Jeep is retarded.

grinch

inner city redneck
Hickey said:
lol I have to agree with Hicky on this one....
Whats retarded about a longer wheelbase. (The last time I checkd most of the extreme YJ and TJ guys were streaching thier wheelbases)
More room to pack family and suplies in...
Stronger frames than stock scramblers (I am a scrambler guy I own 2)
Better suspention set up than stock scramblers.
Ect......
Tweay maybe you should stick to boarding in your poo poo or pee pee or pow pow whatever it is you call it and less bashing on good Ideas for rigs.....
But then agian Im sure your probably one of those guys that bashes on Rubicons also........

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
As far as I'm concerned, DC is finally going the direction they should have taken a decade ago. I sure as heck hope the "Rescue" goes into production.....what a sweet ride that is! Basically a Ram 3500 with a four door wragler body, how kewl! And a Cummins too. I'd like to see truck versions ("Brute"), four door versions, and shorter versions of the Wrangler. I see a trend of disappearing live axles out there, pretty soon there won't be any production vehicles left to build a rig from.

EZ

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
EZRhino said:
As far as I'm concerned, DC is finally going the direction they should have taken a decade ago. I sure as heck hope the "Rescue" goes into production.....what a sweet ride that is! Basically a Ram 3500 with a four door wragler body, how kewl! And a Cummins too. I'd like to see truck versions ("Brute"), four door versions, and shorter versions of the Wrangler. I see a trend of disappearing live axles out there, pretty soon there won't be any production vehicles left to build a rig from.

EZ

I'd LOVE ONE. Rubicon trim, about a 4-5" lift and some 35" tires.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Hickey said:
I might even trade the minivan in on that deal ;)

That would be a great 'grocery-getter'. I'll wait for the Rubicon version. I'm more interested in that than anything they currently sell. The 'Rescue' has some intrigue, though. The other Jeep concepts can go straight to he!!, though. Some of the concept cars are looking pretty sweet.....

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
Don't get me wrong... I've always thought that the Scramblers were cool.

I guess my opinion means jack **** on this website... Everyone just bashes... Get your heads out of your asses and chill out!!! :D

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
tweakeyjeep said:
Don't get me wrong... I've always thought that the Scramblers were cool.

I guess my opinion means jack **** on this website... Everyone just bashes... Get your heads out of your asses and chill out!!! :D
You are the one bashing. Remember? you started the thread? are you upset cause no one agrees with you?

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
Hickey said:
You are the one bashing. Remember? you started the thread? are you upset cause no one agrees with you?

What's this then?

Hickey said:

You don't hear my bashing your... 18 wheeler.

You may think my jeep is retarded and that's your opinion, but you don't hear me bashing on your stuff.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
tweakeyjeep said:
What's this then?

You don't hear my bashing your... 18 wheeler.

You may think my jeep is retarded and that's your opinion, but you don't hear me bashing on your stuff.
I don't have an 18 wheeler.

They are building a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited... It's frieken retarded looking.
Who said that? huh? so how come you are the only one to get an opinion? eh?

BTW "Frieken"?

Last edited:

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
Hickey said:
I don't have an 18 wheeler.

Who said that? huh? so how come you are the only one to get an opinion? eh?

BTW "Frieken"?

I'm takin everyone's opinion... I'm not disagreeing with them on everything they write about in every thread. Honestly, why don't you send me a PM and tell me what is up your butt! Grow up a bit!