Jeep Headers

kkemp

I have to replace my cracked exhaust manifold on my 93 Wrangler (4.0). So, the obvious thing is to get a decent header for it. I'm thinking of getting an Edelbrock because the price is somewhat reasonble. Borla's are supposed to be good too but they are 100 bucks more. Anyway, I'm concerned about loosing torque for HP. I'm not sure if this is an issue.

Any suggestions. BTW, I'll still be running stock exhaust till I need to replace it.

M

muddyjeep

I had the same thing happen to my 94 XJ I took the stock header to wolverine machine he charged me about $35 to weld it and it is stronger then stock I have used it for over a year with hard wheeling and it is perfect

kkemp

MidvaleXJ said:
I had the same thing happen to my 94 XJ I took the stock header to wolverine machine he charged me about $35 to weld it and it is stronger then stock I have used it for over a year with hard wheeling and it is perfect

So where did your's crack? My cracked close to where the two pipes come in to one by the flange. It was one of the two pipes that cracked. I would have to wonder if I fixed the one pipe, when would the other one crack?

That sure is a heck of a savings. It's worth a try.

Ken

I just went through all that and welded mine up. After cleaning the intake, injectors, replacing the fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel line, etc etc it runs sick!:eek:

M

muddyjeep

Mine cracked in the same place and the guy up there welded the whole thing all the pipes on the flange I was very happy with the work Im also running a magnaflo cat and a flowmaster 40 seires delta flow muffler

Last edited by a moderator: