jeep HELP

hoosier

mtn yot
So i am not a "jeep" guy but I am doing an engine swap for a guy. (90 TJ i think, w/ 4.0) I pulled the wiring but the break sensor is connected through the main engine wiring harness. How do I go about taking care of that? I REALLY dont just want to cut it and remove the fuse I would rather do it right. Thanks in advance

hoosier

mtn yot
Just for a little more information I am taking the 4.0 5speed manual and t-case (good running and is up for sale 106k on the clock) and putting in a TBI350 with, I think, a th400 and a np241. The engine is FULLY stand alone so the wiring is easy but the "extras" are what I am trying to get right.

Bart

There's not such thing as a 90 TJ. You're either working on a 90 YJ or a 97 to 2005 TJ. They are vastly different. I did a lot of wiring changes on TJs and everything was bulk headed off at the firewall, with disconnects on each side, which leads me to believe you're working on a YJ.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
It could be fuel injected from 1990, but it'd be a 4-banger. If it is a fuel injected straight 6 in a wrangler, it has to be 1991 or newer.

Bart

Back to your original question. There must be some way to get the sensor wire through the firewall but it doesn't sound like it's easy. Personally, if I couldn't dismantle at one end or the other and feed through the firewall in a reasonable amount of time, I'd cut and splice.