Jeep in Mine Shaft at Five Mile Pass

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Don't think I saw this thread the first time around. Anyway, several years ago (before they capped it) a few of us rapelled down the shat to see it. I don't remember for sure but I think we got some pictures down there, if not video. My brother and I were there. Joe, did you come down with us? I'm pretty sure you showed us where it was. :)

Meat_

Banned
RedRockXJ said:
What a cool thread! Repelling is no longer possible it looks like. Both those mines have been completely covered with rebar.

There were holes dug under the cement, they recently covered those.... something tells me they will reapear. :rolleyes:

krazz1e

was up running RS over the weekend and went to the waterfall on Con. The "bypass" on the waterfall seems to be getting worse. Looks like ATV tracks for sure.... I notice on RS there seemed to be more defined "bypasses" too.

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
I was there yesterday....also noticed the so-called "bypass"....you mean the bypass around someone's broken down rig? :rofl:

I didn't notice any tracks up around to the Eagle's Nest on the right....only footprints. I sure wouldn't winch up that way...too off camber and the ledges/steps are undercut. It wouldn't make sense to even call that a bypass. The clear, obvious and safest route is the traditional way. (Nice anchor, btw). Has anyone even seen someone actually winch up that way? It was easy to see at the bottom of this "bypass" where people's tires have rolled some rocks back, exposing a new and taller ledge, but as for actually making it up...seems like suicide to me.

EZ