Jeep issues

Jaden Stookey

I'm sure all of you have heard the phrase Just Empty Every Pocket or JEEP for short, but I have definitely been experiencing this first hand, I have a 01 Jeep Cherokee xj and boy Oh boy is it a project, I bought it for $1000 and have replaced stuff from water pump to power steering pump all the way to turn signals! But after fixing the engine components to working order, I am left with computor issues, issues which I am not skilled enough to diagnose or fix. So I digress, I have taken my jeep to emissions testing and it had 4 not readies, so I thought it must be because I had unplugged the battery the day before, but after putting about 140 miles on it, I still had the same 4 not readies. Might I mention it has a check engine light code P1694, or known as the dreaded NO BUS on the dash, a gauge cluster ground short. So I don't know if that is causing the car to not be ready but I need help. Please give a fellow a hand and advice.

4x4_Welder

I'd have to see some readouts from the sensors, but it sounds like the cat or rear O2s might be on its way out. It's easy to get around a worn cat, but if it's the sensor it'd have to be replaced. The evap can take a long time depending on fuel tank level.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
If it has a pending code it will not get ready or pass the readiness tests. Dont I remember that there was an issue with the plugs behind the gauge clusters on those years? You'll have to fix the pending code before it will get ready. 2001 can only have 1 not ready