Jeep JK's

Since we are on the topic of Jeep JK's, I thought I would post some pics of JK's we are working on. Feel free to ask questions. The white JK was last weeks project and has the following parts:

Suspension-Tera Flex Long Arm Kit-Upgraded to solid aluminum lower arms, Walker Evans adjustable shocks, Rubicon electronic sway bar

Tires/Wheels-37x12.50r17 BFGoodrich KM2 on Ballistic Off Road Wheels

Drivetrain-Tera Flex conversion yokes with CV Drive shafts, Currie Rock Jock Dana 60 rear axle with 5.38 gears and Eaton E-Locker, Front late 70's F-150 Dana 44 with JK outer knuckles, I did this so I could use my choice of axle brackets and I went from the stock tube outer diameter of 2.5" to 2.75" and it has a .500" wall thickness, 5.38 gears and Eaton E-Locker. We also used our 7075 aluminum JK steering conversion.

Exterior-Our front bumper and sliders, Expedition One Rear Bumper.

Interior-Mastercraft seats.

Engine-JBA Headers, second pair of cats removed, Rancho cat back exhaust, Air Raid intake, Hypertech Programmer.

Attachments

• White JK 013.jpg
    White JK 013.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 39
  • White JK 010.jpg
    White JK 010.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 33
  • White JK 014.jpg
    White JK 014.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 33
This weeks JK Build-09 Sunburst Orange Unlimited Rubicon

Suspension- Tera Flex Long Arm Kit-Fox reservoir shocks, Tera Flex yokes and CV drive shafts

Axles- Stock Rubicon with our sleeve kit and 5.39 gears from West Coast Diff, Alloy USA Front 4340 Shafts, PSC Hydraulic Assist Kit w/heavy duty steering

Tires/Wheels- 40x13.50r17 Goodyear MTR with Polished Walker Evans Beadlocks

Engine- Rancho Exhaust, Air Raid Intake

Exterior/Interior- Our front bumper and rock sliders, Warn Powerplant Winch, Expedition One rear bumper, Rock Hard 4x4 Sport Cage with fuel cell and t-case skid plates from Rock Hard, Xenon Flat Fenders

We started on this Jeep this morning and are well on our way getting it done.

Attachments

• Jeep JK 267.jpg
    Jeep JK 267.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Jeep JK 268.jpg
    Jeep JK 268.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Jeep JK 269.jpg
    Jeep JK 269.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 22

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Sleeve kit install pics

Question: Curious about this product. It looks like you've just ran some tube inside the axle tubes (2nd pic)? In the first picture, it looks like you've rosette welded the tube to the stocker. The third picture is where I'm a little confused. Do you have a couple of rosette welds there also and just because you're there, you weld a full bead to the housing?

Is that a Mt. Logan product? I'm VERY interested in an Unlimited, but am waiting for a decent powerplant from mother Mopar.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
One is the knuckle gusset it looks like 2nd is the tube sleeve. Third looks like the tube to the diff to keep the tube from spinning

We do a bunch of welding on this conversion. We have a piece of dom turned down to fit inside the stock axle. The new tube has a .250" wall. We weld the full radius of the opening at the inner c, we drill a bunch of holes through out the axle tube and weld the outer tube to the inner tube. We drill and weld 4 holes right where the tube goes into the cast housing, then weld the cast housing to the outer tube, and gusset the inner c.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
We do a bunch of welding on this conversion. We have a piece of dom turned down to fit inside the stock axle. The new tube has a .250" wall. We weld the full radius of the opening at the inner c, we drill a bunch of holes through out the axle tube and weld the outer tube to the inner tube. We drill and weld 4 holes right where the tube goes into the cast housing, then weld the cast housing to the outer tube, and gusset the inner c.

Cool. That's what I thought you were doing. Just below the coil spring mount/pad I was looking at the rosette weld and thought that's where you were heading with that. I assumed there would be more throughout the tube, and thought there might be a couple at the pig end. That's adding some pretty serious beef to that housing. I'd assume it will take a fair amount of punishment before giving up the ghost. :D

Good stuff! Nice work as always.

(wishing I could buy a JK unlimited and a Hemi to add this kind of work to---maybe in a year or two?--I don't even want a rediculous powerhouse, just something to keep a modded (gears included) JK moving at freeway speeds over the mountain passes)

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Beautiful work as always John! Mt Logan has been working with the JK's since they first came out, looks like the the hard work has paid-off, as you guys are putting together some exceptional JK's!

I'm curious about the engine mods... I know some of the guys have complained about engine power with 37's, even after re-gearing. Does that combo of parts you listed wake-up the V6 and help with freeway driveability?

Engine-JBA Headers, second pair of cats removed, Rancho cat back exhaust, Air Raid intake, Hypertech Programmer.

radjeeper

"Why You Say"
Yes, I too would like to know what kind of results you got out of the engine mods. We just did a lot of work on a JK Unlimited as well. Similar performance mods (Banks headers and exhaust, AEM intake, and a Hypertech tune) with not much improvement. We did before and after dyno runs and in my humble opinion the money would have been better spent on an engine swap.

We upgraded the stock axles to 4.88s, ARBs and USA Cromos. Customer was already running 35" KMTs so we didn't go with more gear. In hind sight I would have gone with the 5.13s. That little 3.8 V-6 needs a lot of help!!! If anyone has an in with Jeep they need to do some big time arm twisting for a V-8 option.

notajeep

Just me
As someone that is in Mt Logan on a regular basis, it is one of my favorite things to look back in the shop and see what they are working on. It is amazing the amount of thought that goes into all of the rigs that they turn out. John is a top notch guy, but the rest of the shop does a great job as well. Nate, John's brother is always working on something cool and is an awsome fabricator. Ben and Zack up front on the phones and at the counter know it all, and are always very helpful.

Last edited:

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
I have not had the time to type it up yet, but I did one of my "field trips" to see Mt Logan last friday. Watch for it soon! :greg:

Those guys do work on everything, but what i walked away with the biggest impressons was the work they were doing with the JK's. Those guys know the ins and outs of the JK's. Very cool stuff..

This weeks JK Build-09 Sunburst Orange Unlimited Rubicon

Suspension- Tera Flex Long Arm Kit-Fox reservoir shocks, Tera Flex yokes and CV drive shafts

Axles- Stock Rubicon with our sleeve kit and 5.39 gears from West Coast Diff, Alloy USA Front 4340 Shafts, PSC Hydraulic Assist Kit w/heavy duty steering

Tires/Wheels- 40x13.50r17 Goodyear MTR with Polished Walker Evans Beadlocks

Engine- Rancho Exhaust, Air Raid Intake

Exterior/Interior- Our front bumper and rock sliders, Warn Powerplant Winch, Expedition One rear bumper, Rock Hard 4x4 Sport Cage with fuel cell and t-case skid plates from Rock Hard, Xenon Flat Fenders

We started on this Jeep this morning and are well on our way getting it done.

I want to see this with the 40's on there. :D

spencevans

Overlander
Man I need to get my front axle sleeved on my truck. Maybe next month. John was showing me this kit and it is awsome, It's a must do for JK owners.