Jeep Lean

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
So My Commando leans to one side and I'm really getting tired of it. I tried to swap the front springs side to side with no luck in fixing the problem. They are waggy fronts and rears. I guess the rears are just shot.

My thought is to just have some new ones made for the rear. Anyone have any positive experiences with AAA Springs?

I guess I could swap the rears around and see what happen, the springs just don't look that happy...:(

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
AAA spring would not be recommended by me. If you want sweet springs, Alcan is the place from what I hear. $200 per spring, though. I was quoted $900 to get a set to my door. Give or take a little. He did sound like he knew EXACTLY what I wanted though, and was VERY confident it would hold up.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I've never heard anything bad about Alcan. Way back when, when no one was making lift kits for FSJ's, they had decent prices... for what you get I mean.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
AAA spring would not be recommended by me. If you want sweet springs, Alcan is the place from what I hear. $200 per spring, though. I was quoted $900 to get a set to my door. Give or take a little. He did sound like he knew EXACTLY what I wanted though, and was VERY confident it would hold up.

I can save you shipping if you buy them soon Marc, you too Shawn! Alcan is down the freeway from my place & I'm currently working in SLC. I can run them up with me next time I come up here. :)

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
I can save you shipping if you buy them soon Marc, you too Shawn! Alcan is down the freeway from my place & I'm currently working in SLC. I can run them up with me next time I come up here. :)

Thanks Greg, I'll let you know what I decide.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I had to get some springs to repair a set on the PSD for my donahoe lift and mine were made by deaver, I was given a name by donahoe and reached him immediatley and he shipped the same day with u bolts and everything I needed, which was only 4 leaves of a 11 leave set. I was way impressed by them.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
The thing is, if I'm going to spend like almost a grand on springs I would prefer to just link the rear and throw on some coils or coil overs on. But, this jeep is just a pavement pounder so I really don't need the travel just a nice ride. Do they make a short coil over that I can fab to fit?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
The thing is, if I'm going to spend like almost a grand on springs I would prefer to just link the rear and throw on some coils or coil overs on. But, this jeep is just a pavement pounder so I really don't need the travel just a nice ride. Do they make a short coil over that I can fab to fit?

Hmmm.... familiar thoughts. I've not found a good, cost-effective solution other than possibly using TJ coils or similar. That could be debatable whether that's worth the effort.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
700r4 no but I do have a np 435. I sold my exrta 700r4 when marriage was more expensive than previously calculated. :D

(it seems like a lot of spare parts left when I got married thinking about it now...) ;)

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"

There are tons of options in the circle track stuff. Up to about 8"-9" travle shocks, from basic to FULLY tunable. Prices aren't bad either. Check out Jegs/Summit or pick up a Circle Track mag.

FWIW I have had good luck with Alcan too!