jeep on my tow rig?

Rockjunky317

i have a 87 ford diesel with a dana 80 in the rear end, i used to borrow a buddies trailer to tow it but got tired of stayin in a tent and bought a camp trailer, and was wondering if it would be possible to get a flat bet to put on to park my jeep on the back of my truck and then tow the trailer that way?

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Single rear wheel or dulie? I wouldn't try it with a single rear wheel. After that it's a matter of finding a flat bed that will fit your truck and is long enough to fit the jeep.

Coco

With all that weight on the rear end/axle, and only having one wheel on each end of the axle is a lot of strain on the wheels. If you have a dually setup, the weight will transfer out a little better.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I think this would be cool, but dually for sure. I was looking at a dodge 3500 that had a flat bed conversion done to it just for this purpose.

When the time comes to pick up a new tow rig, I may look into this again. I don't really need a nice tow rig so I bet I could pick up a late 90's CTD reg cab, long bed dually for cheap and the flat bed shouldn't cost more than a trailer---at least I wouldn't think so anyway.

NE_Utah

I know Beach puts his Jeep in a flat bed truck. It is a duelly and it hauls it just fine.

I checke with my insurance (State farm) and they said it needs to be strapped down at each corner. They look at it just the same as the ATVs in the in the bed racks on pick up trucks.

I have thought about this with a old truck I have.

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver
I know Beach puts his Jeep in a flat bed truck. It is a duelly and it hauls it just fine.

I checke with my insurance (State farm) and they said it needs to be strapped down at each corner. They look at it just the same as the ATVs in the in the bed racks on pick up trucks.

I have thought about this with a old truck I have.

is it yellow?

gripguru

Nate Davidson
i have a 87 ford diesel with a dana 80 in the rear end, i used to borrow a buddies trailer to tow it but got tired of stayin in a tent and bought a camp trailer, and was wondering if it would be possible to get a flat bet to put on to park my jeep on the back of my truck and then tow the trailer that way?

Just get some ford dually spacers for that rear end and build a flat bed. I had the flatbed dually and was planning to do that, you need more than 12 foot in order to mount the rig on the bed effectively. Here was the start rig though:

Attachments

• f350flatbed2.JPG
    f350flatbed2.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 25

BrockSampson

there is one for sale in the dick's market parking lot in centerville. its a late '80s chevy, crew cab, 2wd, duelly. it looks to have an 18' to 20' flat bed including the dovetail. don't know much more about it. I thought it would be pretty cool to have if i didn't already have a cummins.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Go for something like this. It rocks!

attachment.php

Attachments

• DFMBUGGYTRUCK.jpg
    DFMBUGGYTRUCK.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 162