jeep specifications 91 and up!

travK5

I would like to know what jeeps come with what? I am going to be in the market for a 91-95 wrangler here within the next while and need some facts. I need to know what t case is in a 4 popper with a manual, what axles etc. Likewise i would like to know what is in the 6's with a manual. If you know of a link that i can just look and see what the specs are on the 91 and up wranglers ie. what tcase, tranny, axles, gear ratios etc. I need to know what the gearing is in the manual trannys also. Any help, wisdom would be appreciated. Opinions are also a good thing (sometimes)!!!

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
travK5 said:
I would like to know what jeeps come with what? I am going to be in the market for a 91-95 wrangler here within the next while and need some facts. I need to know what t case is in a 4 popper with a manual, what axles etc. Likewise i would like to know what is in the 6's with a manual. If you know of a link that i can just look and see what the specs are on the 91 and up wranglers ie. what tcase, tranny, axles, gear ratios etc. I need to know what the gearing is in the manual trannys also. Any help, wisdom would be appreciated. Opinions are also a good thing (sometimes)!!!

"As far as I know" (brett.... :p ) all YJ's after 87 came with a 231 t-case. The only difference is the spline count and length of the input shaft. all YJ's (US models anyways) have D35 rears, and D30 fronts. Later front ends (94-95 or maybe just 95) had the bigger u-joints (297/760 vs. 260), but all had the vacuum disconnect. 91 and later rear 35's had c-clips. Tranny's in the 4-banger should be an AX4 (4-spd) or AX5 (5-spd). 4.0 liters have AX15 5-speeds. I am not sure on the trans gear ratios.
Hope this helps at least a little bit. Good luck! :)