Jeep tire carrier Question?

GreenYJ

I am fabricating a rear tire carrier (for future 33s) and was wondering if any one had any ideas or pics of something they fab'd up. Aftermarket carriers are too expensive for me!

Here is a pic of mine.....just don't use a bushing like I did. I would go with a trailer spindle setup. I wish I would have made it solid metal to metal and just greased it now and then.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
cyberduke said:
You can get trailer spindles at Henderson. And, AND, I think the Rock Logic guys may be able to get them too.

-Earl

You can get the spindle itself from Henderson's or other trailer place, but you'll have to either use the cast hub for a trailer, or have something machined. We stock our own machined version for use as a carrier hinge. :D

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
I Lean said:
You can get the spindle itself from Henderson's or other trailer place, but you'll have to either use the cast hub for a trailer, or have something machined. We stock our own machined version for use as a carrier hinge. :D

Rocklogic made mine... It's awesome. Haven't had a problem yet. It holds a 33 fine, upgrading to 35's. I'll let ya know how the 35's hold up once I can get my hands on them... It also has a Lock Rack for a Hi-Lift Jack. The CB antannae is behind the taillight (illusion, looks like it's on the Tire carrier.)