jeep toy?

casper customs

ya I have a couple of customers that did that one is a cj5 on a toyota frame and the other is a high hood on a nissan frame the toyota worked a lot better

NOTATOY

BACKYARD CUSTOMZ
the owner of a shop in ogden has an FJ-40 with a 5.7 vortec, and its on a TJ chassis. I know I told him it was a disgrace, and you never put Jeep parts on a Toyota.

KrazyKarl

Dents are cool right?
love the look and topless aspect of the jeep, hate the fact that it is a chrysler product,and love what toyotas are capable of and the amazing toughness.

toyota stuff is only "tuff" because the motors are so weak that they can't break anything. They are about the cheapest thing to build that will still do pretty well but even with a small supra I6 (less than 200 hp), guys start blowing stuff up like crazy. Things like ring and pinions, and t-case out put shafts. you can gear them super stupid cheap though if you like the rush of crawling up stuff slower than your grandma can walk up it. But if you have a jeep body and a toy chassis lying around, why not? If I had to buy a jeep body to put on a toy frame, I think it would be much easier to just scrounge a toy body.

big cherokee

a.r.c fabrication
huh that is kinda crazy of a idea it would work,

i have a vortec 4.3 in my yota and 40s and rail on it pretty good and have not broken anything yet.

so i would say yota stuff is a good choice for smaller stuff before you jump to full size stuff.

ricsrx

toyota stuff is only "tuff" because the motors are so weak that they can't break anything. They are about the cheapest thing to build that will still do pretty well but even with a small supra I6 (less than 200 hp), guys start blowing stuff up like crazy. Things like ring and pinions, and t-case out put shafts. you can gear them super stupid cheap though if you like the rush of crawling up stuff slower than your grandma can walk up it. .

Im not sure how to even reply to this.?.

I see every body in every type of vehicle blowing every thing up....

KrazyKarl

Dents are cool right?
I have an 85 4runner, that has taken a heck of a beating. We destroyed it in delta two years ago at the first old school rock crawl, and we were competitive and all I had done at the time was weld the diffs, and put a cheapo lift, so with very little mods, you can do a lot with a yota, but they really don't hold up to that kind of killer abuse for very long (after one comp, my rig was perma-trashed). I also got bored with how weak the 22re was and got into the middle of a supra swap and lost all motivation cause the guys I've wheeled with that have that supra motor destroy all kinds of stuff. I'm not talking axle shafts and u-joints. they blow up 3rd members and stearing knuckles. A toyota doesn't hold together well with lots of power and a lead foot. If you're not breaking things with a 4.3 and 40's you are one heak of a good driver, and definitly don't have a heavy right foot, and use common sense, which I never had, or your 40's are so bald that you can't get enough traction to break anything. and yea, they are insainly cheap to gear compared to everything else. you can do a t-case doubler with 4x1 gears for around $800, and it is an easy mod to do. To get the gearing you could easily get in a yota, is going to cost you a ton more, and be a heck of a lot harder to do on a jeep or other rig. I like my yota for what it is, don't get me wrong and you can have a ton of hardcore fun with a yota probably cheaper that you could with most jeeps, but at the end of the day, it is still a crappy little yota.