jeep xj engine bay harness 96 in a 91

Greanbeans

I dunno anywhere else to put this so here it goes. I just got a 91 jeep xj with a 96 engine bay harness in it. I'm wondering what might be different other then the cps sensor plug and what looks like every sensor on the tb. I just need to get my 91 running so I can put my 93 up for a minute to rebuild it. Also I need a body harness for a jeep cause mine doesn't have a taillight harness on it.. I might just go make a day of it at pick n pull ripping everything out of another jeep.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I dunno anywhere else to put this so here it goes. I just got a 91 jeep xj with a 96 engine bay harness in it. I'm wondering what might be different other then the cps sensor plug and what looks like every sensor on the tb. I just need to get my 91 running so I can put my 93 up for a minute to rebuild it. Also I need a body harness for a jeep cause mine doesn't have a taillight harness on it.. I might just go make a day of it at pick n pull ripping everything out of another jeep.

They are quite different setups. The '91 being OBD1 and the '96 being OBDII. I think your plan of snagging the complete harness out of 96 and swapping it into the '91 would work the best? Otherwise, you could use the '91 harness and sensors on the '96 motor (you could end up with some issues for sensors on some components?)

Greanbeans

I have a 91 jeep and its got a 96 engine bay harness with computer. I just don't know if it'llwork with the rest of the jeep ca use I don't have the dash harness to go with it

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I have a 91 jeep and its got a 96 engine bay harness with computer. I just don't know if it'llwork with the rest of the jeep ca use I don't have the dash harness to go with it

There's enough going on there you're going to need to get a '96 interior harness or spend a little time with your wiring diagram and make sure you're good to go.