Jeeper Fundraiser? Ideas?

allterrain

AllTerrain
Guys and gals,

Long story coming up, but please hear me out.

Some of you may know Travis Olsen. He lives in Highland and drives a white JK 2 door called the Polar Bear. On Saturday morning, March 3rd he was on his way to help a friend move and was heading up toward Suncrest from the South side when a 16 year old girl ran a stop sign in front of him and he T-boned the toyota pickup she was driving. The Toyota's door took a direct shot and his Jeep flopped onto the driver's side. Witness and police reports back up the fact that she ran the sign and that he is not at fault.
The girl was Life-Flighted with massive injuries and head trauma. Travis had minor injuries and is ok now. He has felt sick about the whole thing and through some investigation on his own, found out who the family was and reached out the the parents. They have been keeping him up on the girls progress. The latest is that all surgeries have been done, and that it looks like she will need to be moved into a long term acute care facility.

Travis contacted me last night and said he would like to try and set up some kind of trail ride/ fundraiser to help the girls family out. I think you see the kind of person Travis is. His own rig has been an after thought compared to this.
So I'm throwing this out the group for ideas and how we might get something like this rolling.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Alan

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Let me know, I'll throw a little cash their way. I saw the photos of that accident, well just the jeep on it's side. I had no idea the girl involved was in such trama.

Edit: you can count on RME to help promote any ideas you come up with.

webyepn

gone yeepn
You could do a trail ride poker run? I can kick in some prizes from work? Let me know what I can do to help.

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
I can throw some ideas out to our club, especially since Travis is a member we are more than happy to help out. Travis is a great guy and no person should have to go through what both parties are going through.