Jeffs bad buggy (or Jeep on the Cheap)

Owners Name & City- Jeff Bates
Fruita, Colorado

Make, Model & Year of Vehicle- Remember that song by Johnny Cash?
I built it in the spring of 2005, The axles are 86 and 89 the motor is 98 I think. The T case was new at the time. The narrowed grill is from a TJ, pick a year. Little things of different makes and years spread all over.

Engine-(TBI) 350 Police - Thanks to a retired Palisade, Colorado cop car.

Transmission-Turbo350 4x4

T-Case- Atlas II 5:1 clocked flat

Axles-Dana 60 front 4:10 Detroit Locker / Corprate 14 Bolt rear 4:11 Linclon lockers (Blew up the original 10 bolt, pieces out the bottom)

Suspension-Alcan front leaves reverse shackle/ Racerunner air shocks rear w/ 4link ( tractor top link links)

Wheels and Tires-Rockstomper beads welded on junkyard 16 X 9 rims- 42 inch Iroks replaced the original 38 Super swampers I built it with.

Winch- Front 12,000 lb Mile Marker / Rear 2500 lb Warn

Favorite Trails- Anything I can drive away from, under my own power. Coyote Canyon, Billings, 21 Road ( close to home) ,everything BFE

Other-Full Hydro steering (Fork lift and psc), handmade aluminium body, aluminum fuel cell, quick dis. shop built steering wheel, custom frame,
High steer, custom diff guards, Tom woods long slide front shaft, shorty chrome(bling) headers, and a eye catching custom flamed paint job from Krylon. Special thanks to Ebay and that greasy guy at the salvage yard.

Attachments

• small coyote canyon.jpg
    small coyote canyon.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 145
  • small 21 road 2.jpg
    small 21 road 2.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 185