JK Class for 2013?

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I might be since I was planning on competing next year. I guess it depends on the rules for the JK class. Right now mine would still qualifiy for the stock class and wouldn't have much competition for the built JK's.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Any competition should be based on the features of build itself, not the body it is simply based on. If there were a "JK" only class you would have stock vehicles competing against guys running 37's or bigger and it simply doesn't make sense, just my 2 cents. Now if there were a JK only part of the event divided up with its own classes where JK's are classed by their modifications then it would be a great idea.

Caleb

I don't know what Craig is thinking, but I would imagine that there would still be limits. It's not like you could build a full on buggy with some JK skins and enter the JK class...in that case you'd still be in the unlimited class.

Craig S

Commando
I don't know what Craig is thinking, but I would imagine that there would still be limits. It's not like you could build a full on buggy with some JK skins and enter the JK class...in that case you'd still be in the unlimited class.

The JK class would be for mildly modified JKs similar to the existing OSRC Street Stock class. The Jks would run the same lines as the stock class. The rules would allow street legal JKs to compete in a separate class with other JKs. The preliminary rules would include the following with room for discussion and modification as needed:

1. Tires 37" maximum
2. All suspension bolt-ons and upgrades from existing manufactures
3. Any axle modifications
4. Any transmission or transfer case modifications
5. Wheelbase stock
6. Body modifications limited to fender flair removal or aftermarket bolt-ons
7. Bumpers from existing JK suppliers

I believe that sponsors and JK owners would be supportive of a rule set and course layout similar to this as this is what was discussed at the May 2012 OSRC. Nemesis has indicated that they would support this platform and Teraflex is considering it. Comments from other JK owners and manufacture’s would be beneficial at this point.

notajeep

Just me
I think that it is a great idea to give the jk owners a place to be competive and show off their driving skills.

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
So what if a JK owner has a local shop make him custom one off suspension that is not manufactured, is that still allowed or is it strictly what widely available?

sixstringsteve

I might be since I was planning on competing next year. I guess it depends on the rules for the JK class. Right now mine would still qualifiy for the stock class and wouldn't have much competition for the built JK's.

Let me know if you're looking for a spotter and if you'd trust me to do the job. :D With your driving skills and my halfway decent spotting skills, we should be able to do pretty well.