JK Lift Options

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I agree with Greg. The Alpine arms are a terrific product, both long or short arm. The long arms will definitely improve the ride quality, though it is a rather involved modification (nothing you aren't capable of).

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Talk to Joe Thompson, he's on here every now & again and posted the photo above with the TeraFlex account. I don't know if he will be there tomorrow, but he'll set you up for your needs.

I've built mine up to be capable, yet very driveable... 35's with a 3" TeraFlex suspension and their shocks. We drove it out to the Rubicon and back from Colorado this Summer and it does everything I want.

P1010560-L.jpg

IMO the best all around option (if you're not scared of spending the $$$ and doing the work) would be a 3-4" lift with the TeraFlex Alpine Long Arms. It'll ride great on road and off and has rubber bushings in both ends, so it's maintenance-free for life. TeraFlex also has a upgrade for the front CV driveshaft that increases the operating angle, I just installed one last weekend and it's a super-simple, easy to do and you can keep the stock front driveshaft.

I'm thinking this is the same lift that Jake was telling me about that her installed on his wife JK.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I'm thinking this is the same lift that Jake was telling me about that her installed on his wife JK.

Yeah, that's it. The long arms require cutting off the factory frame-end control arm mounts which is a lot of work but the end result should be worth all the effort. TeraFlex has YouTube videos that guide you thru the process. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD4sK__OFI4&list=PLJfxlMyFnnBSzzyYiLM4bcZFRBwHIfQrW

I'm still running short arms, but plan to change that this Winter. ;)

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Okay, so I'm a little over whelmed at the price of wheels and tires. $300.00+ for tires and even more for wheels? Is there a post here that talks about JK wheels and tire options?

Thanks,

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
So, I just dropped some serious coin on wheels and tires... does anyone know if Teraflex offers a discount to RME members? It's time to lift :D