Jk rough ride

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I had the harsh ride thing on my scrambler with my 35's that are dang heavy. I figured out that it was probably time to replace my shocks. I removed one and drove to six states and noticed no change in ride quality. I proceeded to remove others and found out that some had no suspension functions to them at all. Now that is not your case but I moved up to a nitro/gas shock from a rancho and noticed that my rig felt more stable and that so much of the ride noise and rattles went away. I'd think if the bumps are harsh the shocks can't handle(smoothly) the tires out on the end of those axles.

Maybe I'll find somenicer shocks to throw on and see if that helps.

The tires will need some miles to break in as well. Air them down really low and get on a trail. That should speed it up a bit.

Tires are well broken in. Great tread, but boken in.

jdub

Scrambler
I hope it works and they are easy to swap out. My brothers subaru wheels/tires are as heavy as pedal-bike wheels, i swear. It is a work out for me to haul around those 35's.

planman

4" with stock control arms is way too steep. Your ride will be very poor until you add lower adjustables to correct your caster and to reduce the amount of road imperfections that are absorbed by your frame instead of your springs.

capt scotty

My 2 dr JK with 4" TeraFlex with adjustable arms is rather harsh also.
Most 35's seem to be load range "E". Built more for pickups. the sidewall is stiff and durable but makes for a pretty stiff ride. Airing down can help some but I was warned from Toyo about overheating if ran to low. I just got used to mine and learned to keep a tight grip on the wheel at high speed.

bkendall

JK Owner
Take the cheap route first for shocks and get some Rubicon take-offs, most JK "X" owners swap out for these and get a much smoother ride. You can find some with low mileage on most forums for around $50.