JK Unlimited rear seat width?

idahoyj

I'm looking at rear seat options in my YJ. I'd really like to build the back half of the tub around a wider seat for 3 kids. Could someone tell me the width of their JK 4dr rear seat?
I've searched online and found several people asking similar questions, but can't seem to find an actual width dimension.
Thanks in advance!

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
The 4 door rear seat sits in front of the wheel tub so they can get the extra width. The two door JK might be a little narrower, I've never even looked at one closely though.

idahoyj

The inside of the belt rail on my YJ is 56" and the inside of the existing wheel wells is 36". I think I can make mid-40s work with the right seat or at least some modifications to the right seat. Does anyone have a JKU rear seat for sale? Maybe a 3rd row seat from a Suburban/Yukon/Tahoe/Expedition/Armada/similar SUV?

idahoyj

I've been working to fit the JK rear seat in the back of my YJ. I have the width worked out, but I'm not sure about the height. It's been so long since I had a rear seat in this project that anything in back seems tall. I'm sure my seat will end up higher than stock, but I just want to make sure it's not too high.

Could someone please tell me how high the top of the seat cushion is from the floor of their YJ or TJ?

Thanks in advance!