JL 2018 Wrangler Spy shots

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Much better info here - http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/for...d-ZF-8-Speed-Auto-and-Other-Details-Confirmed

Some people have been saying that the 3.0 EcoDiesel woudn't fit under the hood of the JL, but the one in the link has the 3.0 diesel and the 8 speed automatic!! :freak:

We now have confirmation that the 2018 Jeep Wrangler will feature an 8-speed automatic, as these new shots of the transmission were also confirmed by an inside source to be accurate.

The new 8-speed transmission ZF Transmission will be shared across many of FCA's larger cars, trucks and SUVs which replaces the old 5-speed Mercedes unit that was added to the current Wrangler for 2012. These new photos clearly show that the Wrangler prototype is using the shifter from models like the Dodge Challenger and Charger which both have 8-speed ZF automatic transmissions.

The 8-speed was hooked to the 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V6, the same powertrain attached to the Grand Cherokee and Ram 1500. That pairing should yield massive fuel economy improvements versus the outgoing Wrangler, and may make the six-speed manual irrelevant to the point that it may not even be offered in the new Jeep.

I like the windshield rake, should make the new Wrangler a little easier to drive at freeway speeds and combined with the diesel, it should pull down very impressive MPG's!

RogueJeepr

Here!
Let's hope its this.
Drool.
bba8e06c4ae88a26c562c24e5981ffd0.jpg

Sent from my Z740 using Tapatalk

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
While the Crew Chief is uber-bitchen, I don't think the JL truck will look anything like it. Here's the latest release, this is of course an artists depiction so it's not a done deal regarding the design.

TRUCK_2.jpg

If that is truly what it's going to look like AND the diesel engine is an option, I'll be getting one as soon as they roll out! :freak:

From the reading I've done, the JL will loose the ability to fold down the windshield and the JL truck probably WON'T have a removable top. Even the artists rendering seems to show both these. I don't care about the windshield, but a fixed top for the truck is a shame.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
A fixed top for the truck would take it completely off my wish list. But if the Crew Chief were to hit dealers lots I'd probably start looking to sell body parts, that thing is just plain bitchin'.